About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your evaluating research findings homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your evaluating research findings homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Conclusion formulation based on internal validity
- Limits to generalization of a research study
- Interpretation of a non-significant outcome
1. Drawing Conclusions Based on Internal Validity
When a researcher gets the results of their study back, how do they know that the independent variable caused the results? In this lesson, we'll look at how internal validity shapes the way researchers draw conclusions about their research.
2. Limits to Generalization of a Research Study
What happens if a research study confirms the researcher's hypothesis? In this lesson, we'll look at the limits of generalizing from a single research study, including the importance of representativeness and replicability.
3. Interpreting a Non-Significant Outcome
Research can take a lot of time for the person conducting it. So what happens when the statistics show that the results are not significant? In this lesson, we'll look at what a non-significant outcome means and what it doesn't mean.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Research Methods in Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Research Methods: Homework Help
- Principles of Ethical Research: Homework Help
- Setting Up the Research Study: Homework Help
- Data Collection Techniques in Psychology: Homework Help
- Nonexperimental Research: Homework Help
- Qualitative Research Methods and Design: Homework Help
- Quasi-Experimental Research: Homework Help
- Sampling and Generalization: Homework Help
- Measurement in Research: Homework Help
- Internal Validity in Research: Homework Help
- External Validity: Homework Help
- Experimental Design: Homework Help
- Descriptive Statistics in Psychology: Homework Help
- Inferential Statistics in Psychology: Homework Help