About This Chapter
Exchange-Traded Products (ETPs) - Chapter Summary
Whether you have a beginner's, intermediate or advanced understanding of exchange-traded products, this chapter can help strengthen your comprehension. Review lessons about ETNs, ETFs and more. In a short amount of time, you can be able to do the following:
- Provide a description of an ETF and arbitrage
- Differentiate between active and passive ETF investing
- Define and describe an ETN
This chapter features a variety of study tools, including multiple-choice quizzes you can take before, during or after reviewing the lessons to determine how well you understand concepts covered. You don't have to explore the lessons only once; review them as many times as you'd like to get the in-depth understanding of ETPs you desire. Once you've completed the lessons, feel free to check your comprehension of this chapter by taking the practice exam. Our test prep materials are accessible 24/7, enabling you to study whenever your schedule permits.
1. What is an ETF? - Definition & Arbitrage
Exchange Traded Funds, or ETFs, have become a popular alternative to mutual funds for investors. Let's dig deeper into ETFs and the investment opportunities they create.
2. Active vs. Passive ETF Investing
This lesson is going to define exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Then, we'll go over the concepts of active ETF trading and passive ETF investing, as well as which is most often recommended for most people.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SIE Exam Study Guide course
- Federal Laws & Regulations in the Securities Industry
- Regulatory Entities & Agencies
- Market Participants & Structure
- Federal Reserve & Market Impacts
- Economic Factors
- Offerings in the Securities Industry
- Equity Securities
- Debt Instruments
- Options in the Financial Industry
- Investment Companies & Packaged Products
- Municipal Fund Securities
- DPPs, REITs & Hedge Funds
- Overview of Investment Risks
- Trading Orders & Strategies
- Investment Returns & Trade Settlement
- Corporate Actions
- Customer Account Types & Registrations
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Books, Records & Privacy in Finance
- Public Communications & Suitability Requirements
- Prohibited Activities in the Financial Industry
- Regulatory Framework in the Security Industry