About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify which concepts are covered in your experimental laboratory chemistry homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your experimental laboratory chemistry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Safety in the chemistry lab
- Accuracy procedures in the chemistry lab
- Lab equipment and supplies
- Identification of chemicals in solutions
1. Chemistry Lab Safety & Accuracy Procedures & Equipment
Working safely and collecting accurate data are the two most important parts of working in a chemistry lab. This lesson will give tips so you can succeed in both areas.
2. Chemistry Lab Equipment: Supplies, Glassware & More
When you bake a cake, you use different tools for each step in the process: a bowl for mixing, cups for measuring ingredients and an oven for baking. In this lesson, you will discover the name and purpose of many of the different tools that are used in the chemistry lab.
3. What Is a Graduated Cylinder? - Definition, Uses & Function
Graduated cylinders are key piece of equipment in a standard scientific laboratory. They are critical for measuring liquid volumes in routine experiments. This lesson discusses graduated cylinders and their function in experimentation.
4. How to Identify Chemicals in Solution: Test Methods & Materials
Do you have a mysterious solution sitting around? Learn to identify it using one of the following methods: through precipitation, using conduction, using a flame test, using an acid-base indicator and observing the color of the solution.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Chemistry: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Chemistry: Homework Help
- Measurement and Problem Solving: Homework Help
- What Is Matter? - Homework Help
- Understanding Atomic Structure: Homework Help
- The Periodic Table of Elements: Homework Help
- The Representative Elements of the Periodic Table: Homework Help
- Nuclear Chemistry: Homework Help
- Bonding: Homework Help
- Phase Changes for Liquids and Solids: Homework Help
- Gases in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Solutions in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Stoichiometry and Chemical Equations: Homework Help
- Acids, Bases, and Reactions: Homework Help
- Equilibrium: Homework Help
- Chemistry Kinetics: Homework Help
- Thermodynamics in Chemistry: Homework Help
- Organic Chemistry Basics: Homework Help
- Chemistry of DNA and RNA: Homework Help
- Chemistry of DNA Replication: Homework Help