About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other chemistry work.
- Identify the experimental laboratory chemistry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our chemistry tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about experimental laboratory chemistry and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding chemistry lab safety, the proper use of chemistry lab equipment, the identification of chemicals in solutions or any other experimental laboratory chemistry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their experimental laboratory chemistry unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in chemistry
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about experimental laboratory chemistry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live chemistry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about experimental laboratory chemistry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the common procedures for chemistry lab safety and accuracy.
- Learn how to use various types of chemistry lab equipment.
- Explore methods for identifying chemicals in solution.
1. Chemistry Lab Safety & Accuracy Procedures & Equipment
Working safely and collecting accurate data are the two most important parts of working in a chemistry lab. This lesson will give tips so you can succeed in both areas.
2. Chemistry Lab Equipment: Supplies, Glassware & More
When you bake a cake, you use different tools for each step in the process: a bowl for mixing, cups for measuring ingredients and an oven for baking. In this lesson, you will discover the name and purpose of many of the different tools that are used in the chemistry lab.
3. How to Identify Chemicals in Solution: Test Methods & Materials
Do you have a mysterious solution sitting around? Learn to identify it using one of the following methods: through precipitation, using conduction, using a flame test, using an acid-base indicator and observing the color of the solution.
4. What is Aqua Regia? - Definition, Composition & Chemical Name
This lesson introduces the reagent aqua regia, goes over its preparation, as well as it uses for cleaning and refining gold. Aqua regia's use in World War II to dissolve Nobel Prize medals is also covered.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Chemistry: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Measurement and Problem Solving: Tutoring Solution
- What Is Matter? - Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Atomic Structure: Tutoring Solution
- The Periodic Table of Elements: Tutoring Solution
- The Representative Elements of the Periodic Table: Tutoring Solution
- Nuclear Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Bonding: Tutoring Solution
- Phase Changes for Liquids and Solids: Tutoring Solution
- Gases in Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Solutions in Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Stoichiometry and Chemical Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Acids, Bases and Reactions: Tutoring Solution
- Equilibrium: Tutoring Solution
- Chemistry Kinetics: Tutoring Solution
- Thermodynamics in Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Organic Chemistry Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Chemistry of Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Tutoring Solution
- Chemistry of DNA Replication: Tutoring Solution