About This Chapter
Experimenting in Adaptive Organizations - Chapter Summary
In this helpful chapter, we've outlined the process of experimenting in adaptive organizations for you to review with your leadership teams. The lessons include trial-and-error methods in innovation and pilot testing in continuous process improvement. Our lessons are self-paced and accessible on any computer or mobile device, and your team members can work as quickly or as slowly as needed until they feel comfortable with their knowledge of these subjects.
How It Helps
- Offers knowledge: Concepts such as experimental and deliberate approaches in process improvement are included in this chapter.
- Provides versatility: Use this chapter on experimenting in adaptive organizations to lead a corporate workshop, train new hires or refresh the knowledge of existing team members.
- Addresses needs of leaders: By writing this chapter for adaptive leaders, we've provided you with a resource that specifically focuses on the needs of leadership within your organization.
Use this chapter to ensure your leadership teams can do the following:
- Define experimentation in adaptive organizations
- Outline experimental and deliberate approaches in innovation and continuous process improvement
- Discuss trial-and-error methods in continuous process improvement and innovation
- Understand pilot testing in innovation
1. Experimentation in Adaptive Organizations
This lesson goes over the definition of adaptive organizations as well as the role of experimentation in such enterprises. It also covers a few examples of experimentation in adaptive organizations.
2. Deliberate & Experimental Approaches in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
Most companies want to be continually improving and innovating. But, how can they do that? In this lesson, we'll look at the two main approaches to innovation and improvement and the benefits of each.
3. Trial & Error Methods in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
Innovation helps drive continuous improvement in business, and one way to promote innovation is through trial and error. In this lesson, we'll examine the trial and error method for innovation and continuous process improvement.
4. Pilot Testing in Innovation & Continuous Process Improvement
This lesson defines pilot testing and explains why and how it is used. It also discusses what it can show about developing and implementing innovation and continuous process improvement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.