About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Factoring Polynomials chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the mathematical concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Finding the greatest common factor
- Factoring expressions
- Examples of trinomials
- Using quadratic form
- Solving quadratic trinomials
- Perfect square binomials
Explorations in Core Math is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Finding the Greatest Common Factor of Monomials
After reading this lesson, you'll know the steps you can take to make finding the greatest common factor easier when you are working with monomials with various variables and exponents.
2. Factoring Polynomial Expressions
When it comes to factoring polynomials, there are several methods to choose from depending on what kind of polynomial you are looking at. Watch this video lesson to learn how to identify and use the appropriate method.
3. Trinomials: Factoring, Solving & Examples
Trinomials can have different leading coefficients and therefore, have to be factored differently. Learn how to factor and solve any trinomial. Then, test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. Factoring Polynomials Using Quadratic Form: Steps, Rules & Examples
Factoring a polynomial of degree 4 or higher can be a difficult task. However, some polynomials of higher degree can be written in quadratic form, and the techniques used to factor quadratic functions can be utilized.
5. Solving Quadratic Trinomials by Factoring
Factoring is a quick and easy way to find the solutions to a quadratic trinomial. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can use this method to solve your quadratics.
6. Perfect Square Binomial: Definition & Explanation
Learn what sets perfect square binomials apart from other trinomials in the math world. You will also learn an easy method to identify them along with a simple procedure to factor them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Explorations in Core Math - Algebra 1: Online Textbook Help course
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 1: Equations
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 2: Inequalities
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 3: Functions
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 4: Linear Functions
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 5: Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 6: Exponents and Polynomials
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 8: Quadratic Functions and Equations
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 9: Exponential Functions
- Explorations in Core Math Algebra 1 Chapter 10: Data Analysis