About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Graphing Lines chapter of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the graphing and math concepts you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the math topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Linear equations
- Slope of a line
- Intercepts of a line
- Point-slope form and slope-intercept form
- Direct variation
- Solving equations with graphs
'Explorations in Core Math is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Simple Linear Regression: Definition, Formula & Examples
Simple linear regression is a great way to make observations and interpret data. In this lesson, you will learn to find the regression line of a set of data using a ruler and a graphing calculator.
2. Problem Solving Using Linear Regression: Steps & Examples
Linear regression can be a powerful tool for predicting and interpreting information. Learn to use two common formulas for linear regression in this lesson.
3. Identifying & Extending Different Types of Patterns
In this lesson, we will look at different ways patterns present themselves in the world around us. We will take a look at how to identify patterns and how to extend patterns and use this in some real-world examples.
4. Linear & Nonlinear Relationships in Data Graphs
After watching this video, you will be able to explain the difference between linear and nonlinear relationships when plotting graphs. A short quiz will follow.
5. Linear and Nonlinear Functions
After watching this video lesson, you'll be able to tell the differences between linear and nonlinear functions. You'll also be able to identify both types just by looking at graphs.
6. Comparing Two Linear Functions in Different Forms
Linear functions can be written in several different forms. The different forms make different information more accessible. This lesson will focus on how each of these forms can be used to find out certain information about the graph and the solutions of the function.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Explorations in Core Math - Grade 8: Online Textbook Help course
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 2: Graphs and Functions
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 3: Exponents & Roots
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 4: Ratios, Proportions & Similarities
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 5: Geometric Relationships
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 6: Measurement and Geometry
- Explorations in Core Math Grade 8 - Chapter 7: Multi-Step Equations