About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your exponentials and logarithms in AP calculus homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your exponentials and logarithms homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Exponential functions
- Exponential growth and decay
- Definition for logarithm
- Logarithmic properties
- Logarithmic evaluation
- Methods for solving exponential and logarithmic equations
1. What Is an Exponential Function?
Brand new technologies don't always catch on right away because they can be expensive and don't always work as well as they should. But once the price comes down, and they start to work better, it doesn't take very long before it seems like everyone has one. Learn about the numbers behind this, exponential functions!
2. Exponential Growth vs. Decay
How is it that it only takes four years for our computer to go from top-of-the-line to almost worthless? Well, it has something to do with what's called exponential decay, which we'll learn about here!
3. What is a Logarithm?
Logarithms can help you solve exponential functions. In this lesson, you will learn about how to work with and recognize logarithms, and how to use logarithm notation with an example problem about earthquakes!
4. How to Evaluate Logarithms
Using this lesson, you can get practice evaluating logarithms, as well as learn some of the shortcuts behind writing and estimating them. You can also learn how to use your calculator to evaluate logarithms, and learn about a concept called the change of base theory.
5. Logarithmic Properties
Along with the change of base property, there are three other logarithmic properties that allow you to manipulate expressions to your advantage. Learn about the product rule, quotient rule and power rule here.
6. Practice Problems for Logarithmic Properties
As you get further and further into mathematics, logarithms will appear more and more. It's the point of this lesson to get you used to dealing with them and able to know what to do when you see a whole line of paper full of them!
7. How to Solve Exponential Equations
Read this lesson to learn the steps you need to take to solve exponential equations. You'll see that it's not too difficult; you just need to make use of one other mathematical operation in order to solve your problems.
8. How to Solve Logarithmic Equations
If you're ever picking out a telescope to see your favorite planet, make sure you do the math first! Learn how to solve the logarithmic equation that will get you the size telescope you want.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Homework Help Resource course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Limits in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Calculating Derivatives and Derivative Rules in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing Derivatives and L'Hopital's Rule in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration and Integration Techniques in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Geometry and Trigonometry in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource