About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your exponents and polynomials in AP calculus homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your exponents and polynomials homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Identifying the five main exponent properties
- Defining a zero and negative exponent
- Simplifying expressions with exponents
- Defining rational exponents
- Simplifying expressions with rational exponents
- Adding and subtracting polynomials
- Multiplying polynomials
- Using synthetic and long division to divide polynomials
1. What Are the Five Main Exponent Properties?
We'll look at the five important exponent properties and an example of each. You can think of them as the order of operations for exponents. Learn how to handle math problems with exponents here!
2. How to Define a Zero and Negative Exponent
The zero and negative exponent properties are two you will use quite a lot in mathematics. The negative exponent property can be confusing, but when you remember a couple fun ideas, you will get it right every time!
3. How to Simplify Expressions with Exponents
In this video, we will put all of the exponent properties we have learned together. Don't let lots of numbers and letters confuse you! Simplifying exponents can be easy and fun!
4. Rational Exponents
In this video, learn how to go from a rational exponent to a radical expression and back. No tricks or magic, just good math! We'll review the basics and look at a few examples.
5. Simplifying Expressions with Rational Exponents
Simplifying expressions with rational exponents is so easy. In fact, you already know how to do it! We simply use the exponent properties but with fractions as the exponent!
6. How to Graph Cubics, Quartics, Quintics and Beyond
Finding the graph of a polynomial isn't too hard. If you can graph, you already know the major steps! With a couple rules and helpful memorizing tools, you will be graphing polynomials in no time!
7. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
Adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials are, basically, the same as adding, subtracting and multiplying numbers. They only difference is that we have a pesky variable to worry about, but this video will show you that's no problem, so no worries! This method has worked for many of my students, and I think it will work for you, too!
8. How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
Arithmetic long division and polynomial long division are very similar. Yes, it's a long process, but once you have the rhythm you will get every problem correct!
9. How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
Synthetic division is a 'short-cut' way of dividing a polynomial by a monomial. You still need to know long division, sorry, but this method is way fun when you're dividing by a monomial!
10. Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division: Practice Problems
Let's look at some more polynomial division problems. We will use long division and synthetic division, but this time we will have a couple of more involved problems. So, get out some paper and a pencil and let's begin!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Homework Help Resource course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Limits in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Calculating Derivatives and Derivative Rules in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Graphing Derivatives and L'Hopital's Rule in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration and Integration Techniques in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- Geometry and Trigonometry in AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Homework Help Resource