About This Chapter
Ezra Jack Keats Books Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
From Dreams to The Snowy Day, you will find helpful lesson plans in this chapter that can make learning about Keats fun for your students. Our lesson plans describe artistic assignments, brainstorming activities, discussion topics and extended projects you can use to have students work in groups or individually to help them understand details about Keats' books.
We also provide a lesson you can share with your class that takes a look at Keats' life, awards and details about specific titles that they might find entertaining and increase their interest in this author.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives: Helps you meet learning objectives about characterization, plot, settings and other literary elements.
- Curriculum standards: Ensures that your lessons fulfill core curriculum literacy standards regarding text analysis, word meaning and reading comprehension.
- Activities or games: Details fun activities and projects you can assign to your class to keep them engaged and enhance their learning experience.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning Ezra Jack Keats lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific Ezra Jack Keats topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Ezra Jack Keats lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of specific Ezra Jack Keats books.
- Engage your students with relevant Ezra Jack Keats-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Ezra Jack Keats Lesson Plan
Author studies are a great teaching tool. Launch your study of children's author and illustrator Ezra Jack Keats using this lesson plan. Finish up with an engaging project for students to show what they know.
2. The Trip by Ezra Jack Keats Lesson Plan
This lesson plan explores a story about a lonely little boy. In The Trip by Ezra Jack Keats, students will listen to the story, learn new vocabulary, participate in discussion questions and complete an activity.
3. Dreams by Ezra Jack Keats Lesson Plan
This fun lesson plan explores the book Dreams by Ezra Jack Keats. Students will listen to the story, participate in discussion questions and complete an activity.
4. The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will explore the use of descriptive language in 'The Snowy Day' by Ezra Jack Keats. Students will work in groups to generate descriptive language then write their own narratives using descriptive language.
5. Maggie And The Pirate Lesson Plan
This lesson plan may be used to help your students answer questions about the text, use illustrations to support the text, and compare the experiences of the characters while reading ''Maggie and the Pirate'' by Ezra Jack Keats.
6. Whistle for Willie Writing Activities
'Whistle for Willie' is a story about a boy named Peter and his dog, Willie. Use the activities below to bring the story to life and help students connect with both Peter and with his dog.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Famous Children's Authors Lesson Plans course
- Teaching Eric Carle Books
- Teaching Patricia Polacco Books
- Dr. Seuss Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Kevin Henkes Books
- Teaching Books by Marc Brown
- Teaching Beverly Cleary Books
- Teaching Cynthia Rylant Books
- Judy Blume Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Pam Munoz Ryan Books
- Teaching Books by Jan Brett
- Books by Jean Craighead George Lesson Plans
- Gary Paulsen Books Lesson Plans & Activities
- Roald Dahl Books Lesson Plans
- Jerry Spinelli Books Lesson Plans
- Louis Sachar Books Lesson Plans
- Teaching Peg Kehret Books
- Teaching Leo Lionni Books