About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other college algebra work.
- Identify the factorials and binomial theorem concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our College Algebra Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about factorials and the binomial theorem and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the definition of the fundamental counting principle, how to evaluate factorials, ways to solve problems involving the binomial theorem or any other factorials and binomial theorem topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their factorials and binomial theorem unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in college algebra
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about factorials and the binomial theorem simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about factorials and the binomial theorem on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define and learn how to evaluate factorials.
- Learn to solve problems involving factorials.
- Study the definition of the binomial theorem.
- Examine how and why the binomial theorem is used in real life.
- Practice applying the binomial theorem.
1. What Is a Factorial?
Maybe it's because I'm a math teacher, but when I watched the Olympics I found myself thinking about how many different ways the swimmers could have finished the race. In this video, you'll learn the answer to this question, why it's important and how it lead to the invention of the mathematical operation called the factorial.
2. Factorial Practice Problems
While the definition of factorial isn't complicated, it's easy to make them trickier by throwing a lot of them together and adding in some fractions. Test your skills here with some algebraic examples that make you use factorials without many numbers.
3. What is the Binomial Theorem?
While the F.O.I.L. method can be used to multiply any number of binomials together, doing more than three can quickly become a huge headache. Luckily, we've got the Binomial Theorem and Pascal's Triangle for that! Learn all about it in this lesson.
4. Binomial Theorem Practice Problems
The binomial theorem can be a really helpful shortcut, but it can also be really confusing. Brush up on your skills with this useful rule in these practice problems!
5. How to Find 0 Factorial
The factorial of 0 seems like an odd case. How do you calculate it? Read this lesson to learn what the answer is. You'll see that there are no calculations to be done and the answer is always the same.
6. How to Find 5 Factorial
In this lesson, we learn how to find 5 factorial. We talk about different areas of mathematics in which factorials are used, and we also look at some applications that involve factorials and 5 factorial, specifically.
7. How to Find 24 Factorial
After reading this lesson, you'll know how to find 24 factorial, the math notation to use, and how it's used in the real world. Also learn how it can help you with your statistics problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Algebra: Tutoring Solution course
- Overview of Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Matrices and Absolute Value: Tutoring Solution
- Overview of Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Factoring with FOIL, Graphing Parabolas and Solving Quadratics: Tutoring Solution
- Imaginary and Complex Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Exponents and Polynomials: Tutoring Solution
- Identifying and Working with Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Exponentials and Logarithms: Tutoring Solution
- Calculating Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution