About This Chapter
Factors Affecting Relationships - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this chapter's lessons to explore factors that influence and affect relationships. As you follow along with our expert instructors, you'll get an overview of specific factors that affect types of interpersonal, family and workplace relationships. You'll also analyze several philosophies of leadership. Completing this chapter can help you:
- Identify factors that can influence interpersonal communication
- Compare types of leadership philosophies
- Recognize factors that can impact decision making and family conflicts
- Evaluate factors that affect the ways in which couples make life decisions
You'll be able to better retain the information you study by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and comprehensive chapter exam. Your dashboard will keep track of your progress throughout the chapter, and our subject matter experts are happy to answer any questions you may have. The chapter is also accessible on any desktop, laptop, mobile device or tablet.
1. Factors That Influence Interpersonal Communication
Communication between human beings is difficult if not impossible to avoid, so understanding the factors that influence communication might prevent hurt feelings or a slap in the face. This lesson will explore some of those factors.
2. Leadership Philosophies: Types & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about three basic leadership styles, some specific leadership approaches, and the leadership philosophy that is the best for a given situation.
3. Factors Impacting Family Conflict & Decision Making
Conflict is a normal part of most families' lives together, and it can play a role in how and when different kinds of decisions get made. This lesson discusses what conflict and decision making have to do with each other in the context of family life.
4. Factors Affecting How Couples Make Life Decisions
Couples need to answer a lot of hard questions before making major life decisions. This lesson will look into some of these factors, specifically regarding decisions like buying a home together and having kids.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the WEST-E Family & Consumer Sciences Education (041): Study Guide & Practice course
- Characteristics of Human Relationships
- Relationship Conflict & Communication
- Overview of Family Changes & Transitions
- The Development of Infants & Toddlers
- The Development of Preschoolers
- The Development of School-Aged Children
- The Development of Adolescents
- The Development of Adults
- Influences on Human Growth & Development
- Beginning the Parenting Process
- Parenting Process
- Family Resources
- Sources & Functions of Nutrients
- Nutrition Needs Across the Lifespan
- Nutrition & Wellness
- Overview of Food Preparation
- Food Safety & Storage
- Personal & Family Wellness
- Resource Management & Consumption Behaviors
- Personal Insurance Coverage
- Consumer Behavior & Rights
- Family & Consumer Sciences Careers & Education
- Basic Career Skills
- WEST-E Family & Consumer Sciences Education (041) Flashcards