About This Chapter
Factors Influencing Physical Activity Choices - Chapter Summary
This chapter will boost your understanding of factors that influence physical activity choices. See how to choose the sports and recreational activities that are level-appropriate. Study the information presented in other lessons, like:
- Definition and goals of exercise physiology
- Personal background as an influence on physical activity
- PE programs that address different learning styles
- Accommodation of diverse students in PE
Lessons are short and each comes with a quiz for assessing how well you understood the information just covered. You can submit any questions you have directly to a Study.com expert. There is a test at the end of the chapter that verifies your understanding of all of the key concepts.
1. Exercise Physiology: Definition & Goals
In this lesson, you will learn about exercise physiology and the role it plays in fitness. You'll also learn about the areas of specialization and goals of exercise physiology.
2. The Influence of Personal Background on Physical Activity
What sports do you love to play? Have you ever considered that your personal background may actually influence why you play one sport versus another? This lesson will describe how background factors influence your choices for physical activity.
3. Identifying Level-Appropriate Sports & Recreational Activities
In this lesson, we'll discuss some sports and recreational activities that are appropriate for different ages, different purposes, and also for varying developmental levels.
4. Age-Appropriate Physical Education Activities & Instruction
Physical education is an important aspect of a child's coordination and development, and it helps students engage in exercise. Use this lesson to understand how to tailor activities to each child's developmental level.
5. Designing PE Programs Based on National & State Standards
This lesson will teach you how to design effective standardized physical education programs. It'll guide you through the process of backwards planning and evaluating to create the depth and order of the content.
6. Addressing Different Learning Styles in PE Programs
Each student is unique and deserves the opportunity to approach learning in his or her own way. This lesson discusses appropriate physical education strategies and resources that address diverse learning styles.
7. Accommodating Diverse Students in Physical Education Class
You're going to learn how methods of instruction, activities, rules, and equipment can be altered in order to accommodate students of different cultures, languages, and physical abilities in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Personal Development
- Motivation Theory in Teaching Physical Education
- Social Development in a Physical Education Setting
- Fundamental & Rhythmic Movement
- Dance Concepts & Forms
- Aquatic Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Nontraditional & Group Physical Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Physical Education Evaluation & Tests
- Basic Statistical Applications
- Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 Flashcards