About This Chapter
Factors Influencing Student Learning - Chapter Summary
This chapter can help if you need to review or learn more about the factors that influence student learning. The topics presented here include social skill development in children, the importance of hands-on experiences learning and the role of positive relationships in learning. You should be able to achieve the following objectives after completing these lessons:
- Identify the role of play in cognitive development
- Outline the development of social skills in children
- Describe the impact hands-on experiences have in young children's learning
- Discuss the effects supportive interactions and positive relationships have on student learning
- Detail personal factors that can influence student success and learning
- Explain some of the factors related to student academic progress
Our learning materials are mobile-friendly, so you can study at your convenience on any smartphone, tablet or computer, 24 hours a day. All of the lessons are accompanied by multiple-choice, self-assessment quizzes. There's also a comprehensive test at the end of the chapter to ensure you're ready to move on.
1. The Role of Play in Cognitive Development
When we think of childhood, we often think of playing. But did you know that playing is vital to a child's healthy development? In this lesson, we will learn about the various types of play that aid a child's cognitive growth.
2. What Are Social Skills in Children? - Development, Definition & Teaching Techniques
In this lesson, we will define social skills and their development during childhood years. We will also go over why social skills are so important for children, and what strategies are used to teach them.
3. The Importance of Hands-on Experiences in Young Children's Learning
As a teacher of young children, you are always looking for ways to keep your students engaged and help them deepen their learning. This lesson shows you the importance of hands-on experiences in your students' development.
4. How Positive Relationships & Supportive Interactions Impact Student Learning
In this lesson, we'll be learning about the importance of positive relationships between teachers and students. We'll go over strategies you can try in your own classroom and discuss how to personalize them for your students.
5. Personal Factors Affecting Student Learning & Success
Personal factors, like personality and social skills, impact a student's success and ability to learn. This lesson outlines factors that affect student learning and success and details how they impact learning.
6. Factors Related to Student Academic Progress
How a student performs in school can be impacted by many factors. This lesson defines academic progress and identifies factors related to student success such as family involvement and student motivation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Indiana Core Assessments P-12 Education: Test Prep & Study Guide course
- Human Development Theories & Processes
- External Factors in Childhood Development
- Developmental Variations in Students
- Individualizing Instruction for Students with Cognitive Impairments
- Developmental Challenges in Childhood & Adolescence
- Student Diversity & Learning Promotion
- Gifted Student Education
- Second Language Acquisition & Instruction
- Overview of Learning Theories
- Curriculum & Instructional Planning
- Instructional Resources
- Promoting Student Learning
- Differentiating Instruction
- Culturally Competent & Relevant Instruction
- Digital Tools & Technology in the Classroom
- Reading Instruction Strategies
- Communication Theory & Methods for the Classroom
- Student Motivation & Engagement
- Indiana Student Assessment Strategies
- Adapting Student Assessments
- Interpreting & Communicating Assessment Results
- Creating Positive Learning Environments
- Classroom Management Approaches
- Professional Environment for Teachers
- Legal & Ethical Considerations in Education
- Indiana Core Assessments P-12 Education Flashcards