About This Chapter
Factors that Affect the Hotel & Lodging Industry - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll learn about the factors and trends, such as terrorism, e-commerce, and technology, that can affect the hotel and lodging industry. Each of these bite-sized lessons addresses a single hospitality topic, and the majority of lessons can each be completed in less than 10 minutes. In almost no time at all, you'll have made your way through the chapter and should be ready to do the following:
- Describe the social responsibility of corporations in the hospitality industry
- Identify the key pieces of managing technology used in hospitality
- Relate current technology and trends in the industry
- Analyze the impact of e-commerce on hospitality
- Detail the significance of waste management
- Compare different types of terrorism
- Explain major cases involving cyber terrorism
- Point out how terrorism has affected the tourism industry
- Assess industry measures for crime prevention and risk management
1. Corporate Social Responsibility in the Hospitality Industry
This lesson discusses the role of corporate social responsibility in the hospitality industry. It also looks at areas where organizations can be socially responsible and the benefits of doing so.
2. Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry
This lesson discusses the importance of managing technology in the hospitality industry and provides examples of technologies that are important to managing hospitality.
3. Hospitality Industry: Trends & Technology
The hospitality industry is a vast industry that is ever changing. We will discuss some trends in the industry and the technology that is driving these trends.
4. Sustainability & Environmental Issues in the Hospitality Industry
This lesson will discuss some of the sustainability and environmental issues of the hospitality industry. It will also discuss how these issues impact the business and environment and close with some solutions to the problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 304: Hotel & Lodging Management & Operations course
- Hotel & Lodging Industry Overview
- Global Hospitality Management
- Leadership in the Hotel Industry
- Hotel & Lodging Strategic Management
- Hotel Operations Management
- Rooms Division in Hotel Operations
- Hotel Finance & Accounting
- Revenue Management for Hotels
- Hotel Sales & Marketing Department
- HR Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Safety & Security
- Hotel & Lodging Customer Service
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hotel & Lodging
- Restaurant Organization Basics
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 304
- Studying for Hospitality 304