About This Chapter
Factors That Influence Housing Selection - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter closely examines factors that influence housing selection. Take a look at government regulations, types of housing and leases, and other factors that play a role. Once you've finished this chapter, you will be able to:
- Outline best practices for analyzing population trends in housing
- Explain how HUD prevents housing discrimination and ensures affordable housing
- List types and examples of housing
- Discuss factors that impact housing selection
- Define terms for common mortgage liens
- Identify and discuss types of leases in real estate
Around-the-clock access to the lessons enables you to study during the moments you desire. If you want to study while away from your computer, enjoy the ability to review this chapter using your smartphone or tablet. Paired with each lesson is a short quiz designed to test your knowledge of its contents. Our practice exam ensures you have a broad understanding of this entire chapter.
1. Analyzing Population Trends in Housing
Know the market when buying or selling a house. In this lesson, examine generational changes and other population trends that are affecting the housing market. Also, learn about important information that housing market analyses present.
2. How HUD Regulates Real Estate
Federal law prohibits housing discrimination and supports affordable housing. In this lesson, you'll learn the role the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development plays in preventing discrimination and ensuring affordable housing.
3. Types of Housing: Overview & Examples
Everybody lives somewhere. Some live in a house while others live in an apartment. But did you know that you can actually live in a house by purchasing stocks from housing cooperatives? Learn about this and other types of housing in this lesson.
4. Factors Affecting Housing Selection
When looking for a place to live, would you rather rent or buy? This lesson covers some of the many factors that affect whether people decide to rent or buy a home or apartment.
5. Overview of Common Mortgage Liens Terms
Most first time homebuyers must finance their purchase, and lenders will demand a mortgage over the property being purchased to secure payment of the loan. In this lesson, you'll learn about key terms in a standard residential mortgage.
6. Types of Leases in Real Estate
A contract between a landlord and a tenant is a lease. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of leases in typical real estate transactions including residential leases and commercial leases. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Family & Consumer Science 6-12 (052): Practice & Study Guide course
- Analyzing Families
- Factors That Impact Personality Development
- Decision Making & Problem Solving in Families
- Challenges During Marriages
- Preparing for Parenthood
- Prenatal Care, Fetal Development & Childbirth
- The Development of Infants & Toddlers
- The Development of Preschoolers
- The Development of School-Aged Children
- The Development of Adolescents
- Understanding Parenting Styles
- Handling Stress & Crises
- Clothing Selection as a Consumer
- Clothing, Textiles & Technology
- The American Economic System
- Money & Resource Management
- Understanding Consumerism
- Home Design Features
- Fundamentals of Nutrition & Wellness
- Providing Nutritional Care
- Nutritional Deficiencies, Eating Disorders & Addictions
- Developing Meal Planning & Service Skills
- Food Selection, Safety & Storage
- Food Preparation Methods
- Professional Knowledge of Family & Consumer Science Field
- FTCE Family & Consumer Science 6-12 Flashcards