About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the characters and setting of Fahrenhait 451 will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the major people and places in this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing main characters and settings in literature
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literary information (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Fahrenheit 451 Characters and Setting chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Fahrenheit 451 Characters and Settings chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the characters and setting of Fahrenheit 451 for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Character analysis and quotes by main characters
- Setting of Fahrenheit 451
- History of the fireman in Bradbury's novel
- Dystopian characteristics and elements
- The mechanical hound in Fahrenheit 451
1. Guy Montag in Fahrenheit 451: Character Analysis & Quotes
In 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury, Guy Montag is having an identity crisis. He has spent his entire life dreaming of the life he has, only to find out it is not enough. In this lesson, we will follow his search for more.
2. Mildred Montag in Fahrenheit 451: Character Analysis & Quotes
While 'Fahrenheit 451' focuses on main character Guy Montag, his wife Mildred is an important part of the novel. This lesson explores Mildred's role and character in the novel through analysis and quotes.
3. Captain Beatty in Fahrenheit 451: Character Analysis & Quotes
Captain Beatty, the fire chief in the Ray Bradbury novel 'Fahrenheit 451,' is a complicated man who prides himself on the work he does for society. In this lesson, we will take a closer look at Captain Beatty.
4. Professor Faber in Fahrenheit 451
In 'Fahrenheit 451', the protagonist, Montag, and a retired English professor, Faber, inspire one another not to settle for a complacent life, but to put actions to their convictions and make their city a better place.
5. Clarisse McClellan in Fahrenheit 451: Character Analysis & Quotes
Clarisse McClellan, neighbor to Guy Montag, is a seemingly minor character in 'Fahrenheit 451.' This lesson analyzes the character, quotes, and significance of Clarisse McClellan.
6. Granger in Fahrenheit 451
In 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury, Montag has gotten himself in a huge mess and does not see a way out. All alone and running from police, Montag escapes. When he meets Granger, Montag begins to see a way out.
7. The Mechanical Hound in Fahrenheit 451
In an era of advanced technology, Mechanical Hounds are used to hunt down criminals who keep banned books in their homes. In this lesson, we'll learn more about the Mechanical Hounds found in the famous novel 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury.
8. History of the Fireman in Fahrenheit 451
In 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury, the job description of firemen is very different from what it is in our society. Rather than saving homes and people from fires, the firemen burn down all houses that contain books.
9. Fahrenheit 451 Setting: Quotes & Description
If you've ever read 'Fahrenheit 451', you know that Ray Bradbury includes rich details to describe the book's setting. Despite this fact, determining the actual when and where of the book can be tricky! This lesson explores the setting of 'Fahrenheit 451'.
10. Fahrenheit 451 Dystopian Characteristics & Elements
Are you happy? Montag thought he was until he discovered that his utopia was actually a dark and oppressive dystopia. In this lesson, we'll learn about the elements of dystopian literature and connect what we learn to 'Fahrenheit 451.'
Fahrenheit 451 Character List & Flashcards
Want to check your knowledge of the characters and themes in Ray Bradbury's science fiction novel, 'Fahrenheit 451'? Use these flashcards to gauge your understanding of this cautionary tale.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.