About This Chapter
Family Rhinocerotidae - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this fun chapter introduce you to the animals who make up family Rhinocerotidae. Information about the habitat, conservation, adaptations and some facts about the Black Rhinoceros, Indian Rhinoceros, Sumatran Rhinoceros and more are included in this chapter. Access these lessons and quizzes at any time on your mobile phone, tablet or computer for easy and flexible study. If you need help with these topics, you can reach out to one of our instructors for assistance. After completing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Describe the different kinds of Black Rhinoceroses, as well as their population and habitat
- Differentiate between the Southern White and Northern White Rhinoceros
- Explain the population of the White Rhinoceros
- Detail the conservation efforts surrounding the Indian Rhinoceros
- Give some facts about the Sumatran Rhinoceros
- Outline the population and conservation of the Sumatran Rhinoceros
1. Black Rhinoceros: Habitat, Population & Adaptations
In this lesson you'll learn about the black rhinoceros. We'll look at its current habitat and population, as well as some ways that this species has adapted to its environment.
2. White Rhinoceros Types: Southern White & Northern White
The white rhinoceros is one of five rhino species and has two subspecies of its own. In this lesson, you'll learn about the two different types of white rhino, where they live, and what they eat.
3. White Rhinoceros: Population, Habitat & Facts
One of the few endangered species making a comeback, the white rhinoceros is a success story for conservationists. Here, we'll learn about the conservation of white rhinos, their habitat, their appearance, and their lifestyle.
4. Indian Rhinoceros: Habitat, Facts & Conservation
The Indian rhinoceros is a unique and fascinating animal. In this lesson we'll take a look at its habitat, as well as some interesting facts, and conservation efforts that are underway.
5. Sumatran Rhinoceros: Habitat, Facts & Adaptations
In this lesson you will learn some interesting facts about the critically endangered Sumatran rhino, including its habitat and some adaptations it has that help it survive.
6. Sumatran Rhino: Population & Conservation
In this lesson, you will learn about the critically endangered Sumatran rhino, particularly its current population status and efforts toward conservation of the species.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Kingdom Animalia: Study Guide & Review course
- Order Diptera
- Orders Eulipotyphia, Chiroptera & Didelphimorphia
- Extinct & Endangered Animals
- Aquatic & Semi-Aquatic Animals & Plants
- Order Sirenia
- Order Cetartiodactyla
- Order Carnivora
- Order Rodentia
- Order Monotremata
- Class Arachnida
- Arboreal Animals
- Understanding Jellyfish
- Class Insecta
- Order Isopods
- Order Passeriformes
- Order Primates: Chimpanzees & Bonobos
- Order Primates: Gorillas & Orangutans
- Order Primates: Lemurs
- Order Primates: Lorises, Galagos, & Tarsiers
- Order Primates: Macaques & Baboons
- Order Primates: New World Monkeys
- Class Aves