About This Chapter
Famous Europeans for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This chapter helps elementary school kids learn about the lives of many distinguished and famous Europeans throughout history, such as Queen Elizabeth II, Nikola Tesla and Arnold Schwarzenegger. These short and engaging lessons provide fun biographies and facts related to Europe's most significant historical figures. After going through each lesson, students can take the included practice quizzes to make sure they've taken away the most important facts, terms and definitions.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about famous Europeans will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the lives of Europe's most famous people.
- Students who have fallen behind in recognizing the accomplishments of famous European historical figures
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about famous Europeans throughout history
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about famous Europeans
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the famous Europeans your student needs to learn or review.
- Have your student read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the lives, accomplishments and careers of Europe's saints, queens, scientists and more.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student recognizes famous Europeans by completing the famous Europeans for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger Biography: Lesson for Kids
You may have heard of Arnold Schwarzenegger from the movies, but many people are unaware of all that he has accomplished. Come and learn about Arnold as a child, an athlete, a movie star, and a politician.
2. Nikola Tesla Lesson for Kids: Biography & Inventions
This lesson will familiarize you with Nikola Tesla, a Serbian-American inventor and engineer. Learn about his early life, his various inventions, and how he continues to impact the world today.
3. Alessandro Volta Biography: Lesson for Kids
This lesson will talk about Alessandro Volta, an Italian scientist who studied physics and electricity in the late 1700s. We still see his important discoveries in our day-to-day lives.
4. Amy Carmichael Biography: Lesson for Kids
Can you imagine traveling thousands of miles away to help children? Amy Carmichael was known as Amma, which means mother, to many children in India. Discover more about Amy's remarkable life in this lesson.
5. Princess Diana Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
What is like to be a princess? You may be surprised to discover that it is a lot of work! In this lesson, find out more about the life of beloved Princess Diana and the impact she had on the world.
6. Queen Elizabeth I Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Queen Elizabeth I (Queen Elizabeth the First) ruled England during the 1500s and is remembered as one of the great leaders in English history. Learn about her life and her challenges in this lesson.
7. Queen Elizabeth II Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
When she was born, she was just another member of the British royal family, but now she is Queen Elizabeth II. In this lesson, you will learn how an unexpected occurrence led her to become heir to the throne. Let's jump right in and learn about her life and her reign as queen.
8. St. Patrick's Day Facts: Lesson for Kids
Do you wear green on St. Patrick's Day? In this lesson you will find out how this holiday, and its numerous traditions, got started! Discover who St. Patrick was and why he was important to the people of Ireland.
9. St. Valentine Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
How do you celebrate Valentine's Day? In this lesson, you'll learn about St. Valentine, the saint whom the holiday was created to honor. And you might just learn some very interesting facts!
10. Philip II of Spain Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
He was shy, strict, had a great mistrust of almost everyone, and ruled Spain at the height of its power. In this lesson, discover the reign of Spain's Golden Age king, Philip II.
11. Philip II Lesson for Kids: Accomplishments & Reign
Philip II ruled as king of Spain for four decades, creating an empire that stretched across the entire world. Learn about Philip's achievements and legacy in this lesson.
12. Philip II Lesson for Kids: Wives & Family Tree
Have you ever heard of King Philip II of Spain? Well, he has an interesting family tree, include four wives and several children. This lesson will take you on a journey into the family tree of King Philip II.
13. Christopher Columbus Lesson for Kids: Facts & Biography
Christopher Columbus was a sailor and explorer who has been given credit for finding the 'New World'. This lesson will teach you about Columbus' life and some interesting facts about him.
14. Christopher Columbus's Early Life: Lesson for Kids
Christopher Columbus is one of the world's most famous explorers. You'll learn about when and where he was born, his early life, his family, and how he came to be an explorer.
15. Alfred Nobel Lesson for Kids: Biography, Inventions & Facts
Have you heard of the Nobel Prizes? Alfred Nobel, the man behind these impressive awards, led an interesting life. Come learn about what he accomplished during his life and after his death.
16. James Watt Lesson for Kids: Biography, Facts & Inventions
James Watt was a famous inventor and engineer whose work influenced the Industrial Revolution. In this lesson, learn about Watt's life, discover some of his important inventions, and read about how he worked to improve the steam engine.
17. Andrew Carnegie Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Andrew Carnegie, a self-made man, was the picture perfect image of the American dream in his time. In this lesson, you will learn about his life, career, and giving nature.
18. Adam Smith Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
This lesson talks about Adam Smith, the father of economics and author of 'The Wealth of Nations.' Find out about Smith's life, his work, and how many of his ideas are still very relevant today.
19. Joseph Stalin Lesson for Kids: Biography, Facts & Timeline
Joseph Stalin was one of the most horrifying leaders in the history of the world. Come and learn about his life from the beginning, through his rise to power, his role in World War II and how Joseph Stalin came to an end.
20. Karl Marx Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Who was Karl Marx? Discover how Karl's radical ideas changed the world. Find out little-known facts about Karl, beginning with his early life up until his death.
21. Ignaz Semmelweis Facts: Lesson for Kids
Ignaz Semmelweis was a doctor who made a very important discovery about hand washing. Come learn about Dr. Semmelweis, what he discovered and why other doctors didn't like him or accept his discovery.
22. Charles V of Spain: Lesson for Kids
The first man to rule a global empire, Charles V was a king who controlled almost half of Europe in addition to a number of colonies across the world. Learn about his life and achievements in this lesson.
23. Benito Mussolini Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
One of the major leaders of World War II, Benito Mussolini rose to power as the dictator of Italy, then allied the nation with Germany and Japan during the war. Learn about his life and achievements in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.