About This Chapter
Features of a Global Business - Chapter Summary
This series of quick, engaging videos is designed to help familiarize your employees with the objectives and considerations involved in the globalization of a business. As they work through this chapter, they will learn about:
- Tactics for entering the global market
- The importance of a 'global mindset'
- Domestic, foreign and international operating environments
- Supply chain management on the international market
- Organizational structures of global businesses
- Culture shifts in businesses that go international
After each video, your employees can take a short quiz so you can assess how well they've understood the ideas. They can look over the video transcripts if they need an additional look at the important concepts, which are emphasized for easy location.
How It Helps
- Illustrates operating environments: These lessons can help your employees anticipate the differences between working at the domestic, foreign and international levels.
- Prepares employees: Your employees will learn to what changes to expect in their organizational structure and culture.
- Fosters global mindset: Lessons emphasize the importance of developing a global mindset, which can help improve communication and business with customers and other employees around the world.
This chapter aims to teach your employees to:
- Analyze globalization techniques
- Adopt a global mindset
- Work in expanded operating environments
- Adapt to shifts in the supply chain
- Prepare for changes to organizational structures
- Foster a productive corporate culture
1. Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
When companies decide to do international business, they have a wide variety of methods they can use to actually enter the market. This lesson will discuss those different methods and analyze how they work in an international context.
2. International Companies' Operating Environments
International companies' operating environments are complicated due to numerous factors. In this lesson we will identify and describe the three environments in which the international company operates: domestic, foreign and international.
3. Globalization's Impact on Operations & Supply Chain Management
Globalization's impact on operations and supply chain management is multifaceted. In this lesson, we will discuss four impacted areas: procurement and sourcing methods, inventory management, distribution facility locations, and transportation.
4. Globalization and Organizational Structure
Organizational structure can be influenced by many different aspects of globalization. In this lesson, we will explore organizational structure and the impact globalization can have on it.
5. Globalization and Organizational Culture
Culture influences almost every aspect of an organization. Globalization is one of the forces that influences organizational culture, and in this lesson we will talk about just how globalization impacts organizational culture.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Understanding the Effects of Globalization in Business course