About This Chapter
Fifth Grade TEKS - Chapter Summary
For fifth grade teachers in Texas, it's pivotal to understand the learning standards set out by TEKS and be able to incorporate them into your lesson planning. Our instructors, teachers just like you, have developed these lessons to help you align your learning objectives with TEKS requirements in subjects such as math, science, social studies and reading. You'll also learn about useful methods for developing fifth grade TEKS curriculum.
Our instructors have created these engaging lessons in a way that makes the information easy to understand and retain. You'll gain applicable strategies for incorporating TEKS standards into your lesson planning. You can test your knowledge of the topics after each lesson with a self-assessment quiz. When you're ready, take the cumulative chapter exam to see how well you've absorbed the information. Feel free to reach out to the instructor with any questions.
How It Helps
- Enhances Awareness: By the end of this chapter, you'll have a comprehensive understanding of TEKS educational standards for fifth grade learners.
- Meets educational standards: The information provided in this chapter covers the concepts and learning objectives that TEKS expects fifth grade students to learn.
- Provides guidance: After completing the lessons, you'll have useful and effective strategies to help align your curriculum with TEKS educational standards.
After completing this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Develop a curriculum that's aligned with TEKS standards for fifth grade students
- Have an understanding of TEKS standards in math, science, reading, and social studies
- Integrate TEKS standards into your current lesson plans
1. Aligning 5th Grade Math with TEKS
The 5th Grade Math TEKS can seem mystifying and complicated to read and understand, but in this lesson, you will learn how to locate, read, and work with the 5th Grade Math TEKS to provide phenomenal lessons that are clear and understandable.
2. Fifth Grade TEKS Curriculum Planning
Planning curriculum using TEKS can be daunting, but a little organization makes it possible. This lesson provides you with an overview of what fifth graders should learn and offers insight into how you can plan a fifth grade curriculum to align with the standards.
3. Aligning 5th Grade Science with TEKS
As a fifth grade teacher in Texas, you understand the importance of aligning your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on helping you align your science instruction.
4. Aligning 5th Grade Social Studies with TEKS
The 5th Grade Social Studies TEKS can seem as mysterious as the Bermuda Triangle, but in this lesson, you will learn how to locate, read, and work with the 5th Grade Social Studies TEKS to provide out-of-this-world lessons that are clear and understandable.
5. 5th Grade Reading TEKS Lesson Alignment
The fifth grade TEKS expectations for reading are rigorous. This lesson gives you some ideas for how you can work to assign your reading lessons with these standards while keeping instruction fun and balanced.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course