About This Chapter
File, Share Access & Print Services - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find lessons on print services, file and share access for Windows Server you can study at any time. Topics covered here include files and directories in operating systems, creating Windows Server 2012 R2 folder shares and establishing NTFS permissions. Work through these lessons at your own pace and feel free to go back as much as needed for complete comprehension. If you're getting ready for a test, the lesson quizzes and chapter test can assist you in seeing how you might do on exam day. Once this chapter is completed, you should be ready to complete these goals:
- Detail the organization and characteristics of files and directories in operating systems
- Outline the responsibilities of a file manager in operating systems
- Explain network discovery and offline files in creating Windows Server 2012 R2 folder shares
- Assign permissions to folders and files in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Establish and configure NTFS permissions
- Discuss volume shadow copy, work folders and NTFS quotas
- Identify print architecture, network printing and deployment for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Describe the steps and features to share and manage printers
- Use and install print and document services role in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Explain server manager for remote management
1. Files & Directories in Operating Systems: Structure, Organization & Characteristics
We use computers on a daily basis to conduct our professional or personal work. In this lesson, we will examine how files are stored on the computer and how we can create, change, and delete files as well as the technical attributes of our files.
2. Responsibilities of a File Manager in Operating Systems
Ever wondered what a file manager does on a computer? In this lesson, we learn the management and responsibilities of the file manager in an operating system.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Local Storage
- Configuring Virtual Machines & Networks with Hyper-V
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall