About This Chapter
Financial Analysis for Business - Chapter Summary
These lessons will boost your understanding about financial analysis for business. Take a look at the definition of a financial statement, and see financial statement examples. Find out about such lesson information as:
- Analysis of financial statements
- Ratios in the financial statement
- Calculation and analysis of liquidity ratio
- Definition of liquidity ratio
Each lesson in this chapter is a video, hosted by our expert instructors, and lasting from 5-10 minutes. We include a video transcript, and if you want to replay a section of any lesson, use our keyword-based timeline tool to go right to the section you want. Use your mobile device to log in to work on your studies whenever you have a few minutes.
1. Financial Statement Analysis: Definition, Purpose, Elements & Examples
In this lesson, we'll define financial statement analysis and discuss the main categories. You'll also learn how to calculate a financial ratio in each category and analyze the results.
2. Financial Statement Ratios: Determining Company Performance
Have you ever wondered why the financial statements are so important to a company? In this lesson, you will learn about several financial statement ratios and how they help determine company performance.
3. Liquidity Ratio: Definition, Calculation & Analysis
The financial stability of a company can be tested in many ways. One of the quickest ways to see just how well a company is performing is to use financial ratios. In this lesson, you will learn what liquidity ratios are, how to calculate them, and how to interpret them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Workplace Leadership
- Employee Motivation in the Workplace
- Managing Change in the Workplace
- Workplace Conflict
- Organizational Politics at Work
- Managing Workplace Misbehavior
- Types of Workplace Misbehavior
- Privacy in the Workplace
- Time & Stress Management at Work
- Organizational Control in Business
- Controlling Operations Costs in Business
- Quality Management in Business
- Inventory Control in Business
- Business Accounting Fundamentals
- Financial Statements for Business
- Financial Management for Business
- CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards