About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your financial management homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your financial management homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Financial managers' roles and responsibilities
- Financial planning process
- Debt capital
- Equity capital
- Short-term financing sources
- Long-term financing sources
1. The Role and Responsibilities of Financial Managers
Financial managers play a pivotal role in the success of companies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the duties and responsibilities of financial managers. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
2. The Financial Planning Process
Financial planning is essential for the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the financial planning process that businesses perform, including preparation of a master budget, capital budget and cash budget.
3. Debt Capital Vs Equity Capital
Sufficient capital is essential for starting, maintaining and growing a business. In this lesson, you'll learn how a corporation can raise capital through equity and debt. You'll also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
4. Sources of Short-Term Financing
Companies often need to utilize financing to cover shortfalls in cash flow. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of short-term financing available to companies including trade credit, lines of credit, bank loans and credit cards.
5. Sources of Long-Term Financing
Some businesses require a large amount of capital to get off the ground or expand. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of long-term financing, including commercial loans, selling equity and issuing debt.
6. Comprehensive Income: Definition & Example
Knowing the comprehensive income of a firm gives you an in-depth financial understanding of a firm. In this lesson, you'll learn what comprehensive income is as well as when and where it is reported.
7. Profit Potential: Definition & Overview
In this lesson, we will define profit potential and explain how the term is used. Learn how to calculate profit potential and how this can be used to identify potential business opportunities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help