About This Chapter
Financial Market Analysis & Trading - Chapter Summary
Study the basics of financial market analysis and trading with these bite-sized and engaging lessons. As you work through the chapter, you'll examine financial market analysis, securities trading and market conditions. To help you solidify your understanding of these financial concepts, we've included interactive quizzes and a chapter exam. You can submit questions to our instructors online and access the chapter material whenever it's convenient. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of financial market analysis
- Outline the process of trading securities on the Stock Exchange
- Recognize indicators that influence market conditions
1. What is Financial Market Analysis? - Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, you will learn about financial markets. We'll explain what a financial market looks like, real-world examples, and the two broad types of financial market analysis: fundamental and technical.
2. Trading Securities on the Stock Exchange
Stocks are traded all over the world seven days a week, 24 hours a day on stock exchanges located in the world's financial capitals, such as New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. In this lesson, you'll learn how stocks are traded.
3. How Indicators Influence Market Conditions
The stock market offers an opportunity for investors to accumulate a significant degree of wealth. Investors often use tools called indicators to help them make investment decisions. In this lesson, you'll learn about these tools.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets: Practice & Test Prep course
- Financial Markets & Financial Instruments
- Interest Rates Overview
- Banks & Other Financial Intermediaries
- The Flow of Funds in Financial Intermediaries
- Regulation of Financial Institutions
- Introduction to International Finance
- Introduction to the Mortgage Market
- Futures & Options
- Branch Banking & Deposit Insurance
- Money & Interest-Rate Relationships
- Inflation & Income Policies
- TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets Flashcards