About This Chapter
Financial Reporting in Healthcare - Chapter Summary
Utilize this chapter on financial reporting in healthcare at your convenience to study these topics. Here you'll find lessons on the purpose of financial reporting, federal and state regulation of healthcare and healthcare compliance. We've included a quiz with each lesson and a test at the end of the chapter as a helpful way to assess your knowledge. Expert instructors created these lessons, so you can be confident you're learning accurate information in an engaging way. Once you complete this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Discuss the analysis of financial reporting and statement examples
- Differentiate between error and fraud in financial reporting
- Outline federal and state regulation of healthcare organizations and providers
- Identify the healthcare fraud and abuse laws in Medicaid and Medicare
- Explain healthcare compliance
1. What Is Financial Reporting? - Purpose, Statement Examples & Analysis
Financial reporting is a vital part of corporate governance. In this lesson, you'll learn what financial reporting is, its primary components, its purpose, and be provided with some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. Error vs. Fraud in Financial Reporting
This lesson describes the difference between error and fraud in financial reporting. It gives examples of what a fraudulent accounting entry looks like versus what a simple error might look like.
3. Federal & State Regulation of Healthcare Organizations & Providers
Healthcare is governed by regulations set in place to protect both the patients and the providers. This lesson brings both regulations and administrators of the law to the surface. We'll also describe the impact on health organizations and providers.
4. Healthcare Fraud & Abuse Laws in Medicare & Medicaid
This lesson will discuss the different types of healthcare fraud and abuse as well as laws that exist to protect federal healthcare programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.
5. What is Healthcare Compliance? - Patients & Industry
Healthcare compliance plays a vital role in ensuring that patients receive safe, proper, and effective care. Learn all about healthcare compliance, including how it affects patients and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 305: Healthcare Finance & Budgeting course
- Introduction to Healthcare Finance
- Organizational Structure in Healthcare
- Healthcare Organizations & Services
- Health Insurance & Reimbursement
- Estimating Healthcare Costs
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Accounting & Income Statements in Healthcare
- Using Balance Sheets in Healthcare Finance
- Financial Assessment in Healthcare
- Healthcare Planning & Budgeting
- Project Costs & Evaluation in Healthcare
- Healthcare Staffing Needs & Forecasting
- Trends in Healthcare
- Required Assignment for Health 305