About This Chapter
Financial Statement Special Issues - Chapter Summary
If you're looking for resources that can help you better understand financial statement special issues, you've reached the right place! Strengthen your understanding of topics that include off-balance sheet financing, monetary value and accounting principle. Review the lessons in this chapter at any pace that suits your schedule. In no time, you will be able to:
- Discuss ways financial statements can be impacted by foreign operations
- List ways inflation impacts suppliers and demanders
- Define and discuss the uses of off-balance sheet financing
- Explain the impact of changes in accounting principle
- Share the definition of a statement of retained earnings
Navigate the lessons with ease by choosing your first one then selecting any others in the sequence you desire. Clarify any concepts you don't fully understand by submitting questions to our experts. Assess your comprehension of the special issues of financial statements by taking multiple-choice quizzes. A chapter exam can also help you review and grasp this chapter's concepts.
1. Effects of Inflation on Suppliers and Demanders
In this lesson, you'll discover who benefits and who suffers from a sustained increase in prices within an economy. We'll cover the effects of expected and unexpected inflation on savers/creditors and borrowers/debtors.
2. What Is Off-Balance Sheet Financing? - Definition & Uses
Sometimes businesses must be creative in making large purchases or handling their debt. Their lenders may have strict rules about how much they can borrow. In this lesson, we'll discuss off-balance sheet financing and its use in business accounting.
3. Changes in Accounting Principle: Definition & Impact
Changes in accounting principle generally arise because the rules of accounting allow different methods to be used for certain situations. We'll see when changes in principle are allowed and trace the impacts of a change on the financial statements.
4. Monetary Value: Definition & Examples
Monetary value is a concept that helps makes our modern economic system possible. In this lesson, you'll learn about monetary value, its related concepts, and its importance.
5. Statement of Retained Earnings: Definition, Formula & Example
Retained earnings are a critical part of the business life cycle. The statement of retained earnings calculates not only the cumulative amount of earnings but also the changes that have affected that amount during the past year.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Financial Statements Overview
- Financial Valuation, Recognition & Measurement
- Financial Strategic Planning
- Budgeting Concepts for Accountants
- Forecasting Techniques in Business
- Budgeting Methodologies in Accounting
- Annual Profit Planning
- Financial Projections
- Cost & Variance Measures in Performance Management
- Responsibility Centers & Reporting Segments
- Performance Measurement in Accounting
- Cost Measurement & Systems
- Overhead Costs
- Understanding Supply Chain Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Governance, Risk & Compliance in Accounting
- Accounting Systems Controls & Security Measures
- Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Governance
- Technology-Enabled Finance Transformation
- Data Analytics
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Basics of Corporate Finance
- Capital Management Overview
- Corporate Restructuring
- International Finance Practices
- Business Decision Analysis
- Risk Management for Business
- Investment Decisions
- Accountant Professional Ethics
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Flashcards