About This Chapter
Financial Strategic Planning - Chapter Summary
Video and text lessons offer an in-depth look at financial strategic planning concepts that include SWOT analysis, types of planning and the strategic planning process. Examine these lessons in the manner that helps you get reacquainted with some topics and solidify your understanding of others. Completing this chapter will enable you to:
- List the three questions asked when defining a business mission
- Define strategic planning in business
- Discuss steps in the strategic planning process
- Identify and describe types of planning
- Explain the basics of SWOT analysis
This chapter makes your review of financial strategic planning efficient and entertaining. Video lessons average about 8 minutes each and present materials in a fun visual manner. Text lessons are also brief, making it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. With each lesson is a short quiz you can take multiple times to ensure you fully comprehend concepts covered. A chapter exam is also available to reinforce your knowledge.
1. Defining Business Missions & Goals
This lesson will define the terms 'business mission' and 'business goals' along with discussing important components of each. The lesson will also describe how business missions and goals intertwine.
2. What Are Strategic Plans in Business? - Definition & Examples
Strategic planning is the process of outlining a long-term vision for a company. Learn about the role of strategic planning in business, see its application, and take a quiz on what you've learned.
3. What Is the Strategic Planning Process? - Model, Steps & Examples
Strategic planning is essential for organizational success. In this lesson, you'll learn about strategic planning, including the steps in the process. A short quiz is provided after the lesson.
4. Types of Planning: Strategic, Tactical, Operational & Contingency Planning
This lesson will explain the four types of planning used by managers, including strategic, tactical, operational and contingency planning. Terms, such as single-use plans, continuing plans, policy, procedure and rule, will also be defined.
5. What is a SWOT Analysis?
In the business world, as in many other places, decisions aren't made lightly. Rather, management spends a long time considering the pros and cons of every choice. This lesson will teach you about one of the key ways they do that, the SWOT analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Financial Statements Overview
- Financial Valuation, Recognition & Measurement
- Budgeting Concepts for Accountants
- Forecasting Techniques in Business
- Budgeting Methodologies in Accounting
- Annual Profit Planning
- Financial Projections
- Cost & Variance Measures in Performance Management
- Responsibility Centers & Reporting Segments
- Performance Measurement in Accounting
- Cost Measurement & Systems
- Overhead Costs
- Understanding Supply Chain Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Governance, Risk & Compliance in Accounting
- Accounting Systems Controls & Security Measures
- Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Governance
- Technology-Enabled Finance Transformation
- Data Analytics
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Financial Statement Special Issues
- Basics of Corporate Finance
- Capital Management Overview
- Corporate Restructuring
- International Finance Practices
- Business Decision Analysis
- Risk Management for Business
- Investment Decisions
- Accountant Professional Ethics
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Flashcards