About This Chapter
Finding Agile Workers - Chapter Summary
We've assembled a collection of lessons on finding agile workers for you to share with your employees however you see fit. Mobile-friendly lessons cover job design, recruiting members for virtual teams and recruiting agile talent. This chapter works just as well for a corporate training seminar as it does if you need a resource for working person to person.
How It Helps
- Provides tips: Your employees will come away with actionable tips and strategies they can utilize in their recruiting processes to hire agile talent.
- Keeps processes current: The timely subjects include the process of recruiting members for a virtual team and the strategies of digital recruitment, ensuring your employees are abreast of the latest trends in the industry.
- Saves you time: There's no need to book a conference room or prepare lengthy presentations when you can assign the lessons and quizzes in this chapter to your employees to complete at work or home at their leisure.
After completing this chapter, your employees should be ready to:
- Define job design
- Differentiate between traditional and online external recruitment methods
- Understand how to recruit members for a virtual team
- Outline successful digital recruitment strategies
- Discuss tips for recruiting agile talent
- Build a connective culture to attract agile talent
1. Job Design: Definition and Purpose
A correctly defined job design will attract the right applicants and decrease job turnover by helping everyone understand their responsibilities up front. This lesson explores four approaches that companies can use to create a job design and communicate job tasks to current and potential employees.
2. External Recruitment Methods: Traditional vs. Online
Recruiting job candidates is easier than ever, thanks to a mash-up of traditional and online resources. In this lesson, you'll learn more about external recruiting methods and the positives and negatives of each.
3. Recruiting Members for a Virtual Team
As virtual teams have become more common, companies are scrambling to recruit members who are skilled and talented in the industry. Use the tips in this lesson to recruit the right people for your team.
4. Digital Recruitment: Definition & Strategies
Digital recruiting gives hiring managers more opportunities to connect with job seekers on social media and in mobile apps. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this tactic and some strategies for using it.
5. Recruiting Agile Talent: Tips & Examples
In this lesson, we'll define agile talent. You'll learn about external talent platforms and their purpose in attracting agile talent. We'll also explore recruiting tips.
6. How to Build a Connective Culture to Attract Agile Talent
In this lesson, we'll define agile talent. You'll also learn about the importance of employer branding and three factors to attract agile talent. We'll also discuss how exceptional organizational culture appeals to agile talent.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.