About This Chapter
Fiscal & Economic Policy of American Government - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter focus on how American government policies affect the economy as well as look at the ups and downs of the American economy over time. Topics covered in these lessons include:
- The business cycle
- The effect of fiscal and monetary policies on the economy
- The Federal Reserve System
Our short and engaging video lessons make learning about the fiscal and economic policies of American government fun. The instructors are experts in their field and know how to teach complicated material in a way that makes it easy to grasp. Don't forget, you can watch each video as often as you'd like to be sure you fully understand the lesson content. Be sure to take the self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson to see how well you've mastered the information.
1. The Business Cycle: Economic Performance Over Time
Learn the economic terms that describe economic performance over time and how indicators such as unemployment and inflation behave throughout these economic fluctuations.
2. How Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy Affect the Economy
Governments often intervene in their economies in an attempt to maintain economic stability. In this lesson, you'll learn about fiscal and monetary policies, including what effect they can have on a national economy. A short quiz follows.
3. What is the Federal Reserve System?
Have you ever wondered why interest rates go up and down, seemingly at random? Of course you have! Discover what the Federal Reserve is, what its goals are and how those goals are achieved in this introductory lesson explaining the central bank of the United States.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the US History 2 Study Guide course
- Industrialization & Urbanization in America
- The Progressive Era
- American Imperialism
- The Roaring 20s
- The Great Depression
- America & World War II
- America in the Cold War
- US Protests, Activism & Civil Rights
- 1970s America
- The Presidents of Contemporary America
- Explaining American Traditions
- 21st Century America (1992-2013)
- Elements of American Government
- U.S. Public Policy & Social Programs
- The Economics of Public Policies
- Employment and Unemployment Issues
- Modern Economic Systems Overview
- Types and Effects of Inflation
- Global Trade, Global Markets & Macroeconomics
- Principles and Basis of Business Decisions
- International Trade Treaties & Regulations
- Fundamentals of Geography
- Geography and Farming
- Geography & the Global Economy
- Political Geography Overview
- Settlement Patterns Overview
- World Population
- Human and Cultural Migration