About This Chapter
Fitness Activities - Chapter Summary
Enjoy exclusive access to lessons designed to strengthen your knowledge of a variety of fitness activities. Fun and engaging lessons cover the basics of physical fitness, health and fitness for children at different ages and much more! Once you've completed this chapter, you will be prepared for the following:
- Sharing the meaning and importance of physical fitness
- Describing challenges of childhood obesity, and health and fitness needs for middle childhood
- Discussing ways to fight obesity, and enhance health and fitness in adolescence
- Providing information about aerobics, strength training and other components of exercise programs
- Identifying cardiorespiratory fitness activities for various ages and levels of development
- Listing and describing the benefits of regular physical activity
Review the lessons at a pace that best suits your learning and study needs. Access them anytime, day or night, in any sequence and as often as you'd like. If you need additional details about any lesson topics, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts. When ready, be sure to assess your knowledge of these fitness activities by taking lesson quizzes and a practice chapter exam.
1. What is Physical Fitness? - Definition & Importance
Physical fitness is your ability to carry out tasks without undue fatigue. Learn about the components of physical fitness: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscle strength, muscle endurance, flexibility and body composition and why they are important.
2. Health and Fitness in Middle Childhood
The United States is facing a crisis of childhood obesity. But how can we fight this epidemic? Watch this video to learn about how children grow in middle childhood and how fitness and nutrition can help with the problem of obesity.
3. Health and Fitness in Adolescence
Adolescence is a time of great physical change. However, many adolescents struggle with weight. Watch this lesson to learn more about those weight issues, including how they can fight obesity and issues with eating disorders.
4. Components of Exercise Programs: Aerobics, Strength Training & Stretching
Ever wonder what stretching, strength training, and aerobic exercises are? You'll learn about them in this lesson. You'll also find out what some basic recommendations are for each type of exercise.
5. Cardiorespiratory Fitness Activities for Various Levels
Cardiorespiratory fitness is important at all ages and at all levels of development. This lesson will explore the many different types of fitness activities for various levels of fitness. We will end with a brief quiz to test what you have learned.
6. The Benefits of Regular Physical Activity: Mental Health, Stress & Life Span
The mind and body can greatly benefit from even 30 minutes of exercise a day. Find out exactly what impact regular exercise can have on your mind, body, and lifespan in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Personal Development
- Motivation Theory in Teaching Physical Education
- Social Development in a Physical Education Setting
- Factors Influencing Physical Activity Choices
- Fundamental & Rhythmic Movement
- Dance Concepts & Forms
- Aquatic Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Nontraditional & Group Physical Activities
- Physical Education Evaluation & Tests
- Basic Statistical Applications
- Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 Flashcards