About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about or understanding the progress reports within Flowers for Algernon will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the story's narrative. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their reading of Flowers for Algernon
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Flowers for Algernon Progress Report Summaries practice exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction makes the story's plot easy to follow.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Flowers for Algernon Progress Report Summaries practice exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on the story. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the progress reports from Flowers for Algernon for a standard English course. Topics covered include:
- Analyzing progress reports 1-5 in the story
- An overview of progress reports 5-10
- Examining progress reports 10-16
- The story's ending progress report
1. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 1 Summary
This lesson covers the first section in Daniel Keyes' dystopian science fiction novel, ~'Flowers for Algernon,~' discussing how it establishes character, tone, and genre.
2. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 2 Summary
In Progress Report 2 of 'Flowers for Algernon', Charlie has a stressful encounter with a doctor. In this lesson, we will take a look at what happened and why Charlie was upset at the end of this chapter.
3. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 3 Summary
Will the scientists be able to use Charlie in their experiment? He certainly hopes so, because he has always wanted to be smart. This lesson will look at Charlie's 3rd progress report in Daniel Keyes' 'Flowers for Algernon'.
4. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 4 Summary
At times we all need a little inspiration to keep trying. In this lesson we will summarize the main events from Progress Report 4 in the novel ''Flowers for Algernon'', by Daniel Keyes, and see how the main character finds his inspiration to keep trying
5. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 5 Summary
Sometimes you need to sacrifice to gain, and in Charlie Gordon's case, he could gain a new life. Read a summary of Progress Report 5 from the novel 'Flowers for Algernon,' by Daniel Keyes and see why Charlie wants to risk it all.
6. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 6 Summary
Do you believe in luck, or do you think every experience has a rational explanation? In this lesson we will assess these questions with Charlie Gordon as we summarize the main events in Progress Report 6 from the novel 'Flowers for Algernon'.
7. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 7 Summary
In Progress Report 7 from ''Flowers for Algernon,'' Charlie wakes up from surgery and has a lot to say. Even though his spelling is still bad, he asks some very important and thought-provoking questions.
8. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 8 Summary
This lesson discusses 'Progress Report 8,' a chapter around the midpoint of Daniel Keyes' science fiction novel Flowers for Algernon. The protagonist, Charlie Gordon, is frustrated because of not seeing more progress after his surgery.
9. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 9 Summary
In Progress Report 9, Charlie learns that not everyone who laughs is laughing with him. Even though he is getting smarter, he still struggles to understand people. He also tells us about some tragic memories of his childhood.
10. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 10 Summary
In Progress Report 10, Charlie remembers trying to learn a new skill. He also overhears an argument and has another bad memory of an argument between his parents. How does he deal with all this? Read on to find out.
11. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 11 Summary
Charlie goes through a lot between May 1 and May 25. Even while experiencing first love and disappointment in a coworker, Charlie's intelligence just keeps increasing through Progress Report 11 in Daniel Keyes' 'Flowers for Algernon'.
12. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 12 Summary
In Progress Report 12 of ''Flowers for Algernon,'' Charlie continues to have intrusive memories. He also tries to seek out his first sexual encounter. Read on to find out how Charlie's growing intelligence is changing his life.
13. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 13 Summary
In Progress Report 13, Charlie heads to the big fancy conference where he feels like a science experiment. His tension builds until he finally snaps and does something extreme. In this lesson, we will take a look at just what happens.
14. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 14 Summary
Reflecting on past trauma can be difficult, but Charlie Gordon had no reflective awareness until an operation gave him the lens to see. In this lesson we will summarize his experiences from Progress Report 14 in the novel 'Flowers for Algernon.'
15. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 15 Summary
In Progress Report 15, Charlie heads back to Nemur and Strauss's lab. While there, he makes a stunning discovery in one of the rooms. He also learns what the plan is if he regresses to his old self.
16. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 16 Summary
In Progress Report 16 from the novel 'Flowers for Algernon', we see how Charlie Gordon chooses to spend the last days of his intellectual life. This lesson summarizes the chapter's main events.
17. Flowers for Algernon Progress Report 17 Summary
This lesson is a summary of Progress Report 17 in ''Flowers for Algernon'' by Daniel Keyes. This is the final progress report in the novel, and it shows Charlie's deterioration back to his original mental capacity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.