About This Chapter
Food & Beverage Industry Trends - Chapter Summary
This collection of mobile-friendly lessons examines current trends in the food service industry. Taught by expert instructors, these lessons help you identify and explain trends in the banquet catering, restaurant delivery service, quick service restaurant and limited service restaurant industries. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you check your understanding of the material, and you can access these lessons at any time that fits your schedule. Studying the chapter can help you:
- Analyze current trends in the food service industry, as well as in the quick service and limited service restaurant industries
- Explain restaurant delivery service trends
- Summarize management and industry trends in banquet catering
1. Food Service Industry: Trends & Analysis
Ostrich burger coming up! The food service industry is changing, and some restaurants are embracing the trends by offering new proteins, such as ostrich. Check out some of the latest trends in this lesson.
2. Quick Service Restaurant Industry: Trends & Analysis
Quick-service restaurants face many challenges, but they also have many opportunities, with new trends in abundance. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the quick-service trends and some of the concerns in the industry.
3. Limited Service Restaurant Industry: Analysis & Trends
The limited service restaurant industry is poised for future growth due to a renewed focus on consumers and high-quality ingredients. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this industry and future trends.
4. Trends in Restaurant Delivery Services
This lesson reviews trends in restaurant delivery services and how they have developed over time, thanks to advances in technology and changing customer demands.
5. Banquet Catering: Management & Trends
This lesson will discuss banquet catering trends focused on meeting customer needs. It will also discuss management styles in the field of banquet catering.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 309: Food & Beverage Service & Operations course
- Intro to Food & Beverage Operations
- Feasibility Planning for the Restaurant Industry
- Marketing Fundamentals for Restaurants
- Menu Planning Basics
- Food & Beverage Costs & Purchasing
- Food & Beverage Pricing Methods
- Food & Beverage Storage
- Inventory Control for Food & Beverage Services
- Restaurant Food Production
- Food Preparation Basics
- Food Preparation Safety
- Types of Restaurant Service
- Restaurant Service Overview
- Serving Alcoholic Beverages
- Restaurant Design & Equipment Selection
- Financial Management for Food Service
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 309