About This Chapter
1. What is a Food Web? - Definition & Explanation
This lesson will provide a definition of a food web, as well as describe its parts and discuss examples of different types. It will also explain the transfer of energy through a food web.
2. What is a Food Chain? - Examples, Overview
Energy is never created nor destroyed, but it can be passed from one organism to another. A food chain shows how this energy flow occurs. This lesson will define what a food chain represents, go through specific examples of food chains, and compare and contrast a food chain with a food web.
3. The Food Web & Ecosystem of Coral Reefs
This lesson covers the food web and ecosystem of coral reefs. We'll learn what a food web is and what coral reefs are and also take a look at a couple of specific examples of coral reef food webs.
4. Characteristics of Savanna Food Webs
In this lesson, we will learn about the savanna and what kind of organisms live there. We will also learn about food webs and where these savanna organisms fit in the food web.
5. Swamp Food Web
Have you ever been to a swamp? In this lesson, you will learn about some of the many plants and animals of the swamp and how they interact. You will also be able to view a visual model of these interactions.
6. The African & Australian Savanna Food Webs
This lesson is on the food webs of the African and Australian savanna. In this lesson, we'll learn what a food web is and why it is important to study them. We'll go over what a savanna is and look at two specific examples of food webs in each savanna.
7. The Boreal Forest Food Web
This lesson is on the boreal forest food web. In this lesson, we will go over what a food web is, what a boreal forest is and where they are located. Then, we will take a look at a specific food web for the boreal forest.
8. The Coniferous Forest Food Web
This lesson is on the coniferous forest food web. In this lesson, we'll go over what a food web is, where coniferous forests are, and what their characteristics are. We'll also go over two specific examples of a coniferous forest food web.
9. The Food Web of the Arctic Ocean
This lesson is on the food web of the Arctic Ocean. In this lesson, we'll go over what a food web is and what type of organisms live in the Arctic Ocean. Then, we'll learn what the specific web for the Arctic Ocean looks like.
10. The Food Web of the Atlantic Ocean
Do you know where organisms of the Atlantic ocean would fit in on a food web? In this lesson you will learn what a food web is and view an example food web containing Atlantic ocean creatures.
11. The Food Web of the Mojave Desert
This lesson describes the food web of the Mojave Desert in the southwest United States. Read on to learn more about what a food web is and to explore the relationships that are part of the Mojave Desert food web.
12. The Food Web of the Pacific Ocean
This lesson is on the food web of the Pacific Ocean. In this lesson, we'll learn what a food web is and what types of food webs are in the Pacific Ocean.
13. The Food Web of the Sahara Desert
This lesson looks at the food web of the Sahara Desert. We'll go over what a food web is and how it applies to the Sahara Desert. We'll also touch on some of the features of this desert and where it's located.
14. The Food Web of the Sonoran Desert
Do you how organisms of the Sonoran desert would fit in on a food web? In this lesson, you will learn what a food web is and view an example food web containing Sonoran desert creatures.
15. The Freshwater Food Web & Ecosystem
What do you know about the freshwater ecosystem? In this lesson, you will learn about the freshwater ecosystem. You will also learn some of the feeding interactions that occur between organisms in this environment.
16. The Grassland Food Web: Temperate, African & Tropical
Have you ever heard of a grassland before? Did you know that there is more than one type of grassland? In this lesson, you will learn some specifics about different types of grasslands and the interactions between the organisms that inhabit them.
17. The Kelp Forest Food Web
This lesson is on the kelp forest food web. In this lesson, we'll learn what kelp is and where kelp forests are located. We'll also cover some food web basics and learn about the food web for one kelp forest.
18. The Soil Food Web
Did you ever think about the organisms that live under your feet? In this lesson, you will learn about the soil ecosystem and some of the organisms that are a part of it. You will also view an example of a soil food web.
19. The Temperate Deciduous Forest Food Web
This lesson is on the food web of the temperate deciduous forest. In this lesson, we'll go over what a food web is and how it applies to the deciduous forest. Before we look at a specific food web, we'll also review what a temperature deciduous food web is and where it is located.
20. The Tropical Rainforest Food Web
The food webs in any type of forest include some diverse characters, but as you might guess, tropical rain forests are particularly complex. Here, you will learn about the trophic levels and food webs in tropical rain forests.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the General Studies Science: Help & Review course
- Chemical Compounds & Bonds Overview
- Drawing Conclusions from a Scientific Investigation
- Electricity Fundamentals & Overview
- Energy & Heat Overview
- Essential Biology Concepts
- Essential Chemistry Concepts
- Essential Concepts in Physics
- Evolutionary Principles
- Foundations of Chemical Compounds & Bonds
- Foundations of Chemical Reactions, Acids, and Bases
- Foundations of Energy & Heat
- Foundations of Magnetism
- Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Lab Equipment for Scientific Study
- Measurement & the Metric System Fundamentals
- Nuclear Energy Fundamentals
- Planning a Scientific Investigation Or Experiment
- Plant & Soil Ecology
- Populations & Relationships in Ecology
- Sound & Light Waves
- Studying Biological Communities
- The Periodic Table, Atoms & Elements
- Using Data for Investigation & Experimentation