About This Chapter
Foreign Direct Investments - Chapter Summary
This chapter will teach you everything you need to know about foreign direct investments in international business. Using a straightforward and engaging teaching style, our instructors show you how globalization has impacted investing on an international scale and how businesses are incentivized to use foreign direct investments (FDIs). You'll also examine actuall foreign direct investment case studies. Take the lesson quizzes to make sure you understand these business concepts and use the quiz results to determine any areas that might need further review. Upon completion of this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Analyze the impact of globalization on international investments
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of foreign direct investments
- Assess common incentives regarding foreign direct investments
- Evaluate case studies dealing with FDIs in the United States and India
1. What Is Foreign Direct Investment? - Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
Foreign direct investment has been a controversial issue in international economics. In this lesson, you'll learn about it, including some of its advantages and disadvantages. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. Common Foreign Direct Investment Incentives
Investing directly in a foreign business carries great risk, and great reward. This lesson will define and describe incentives used to encourage direct foreign investment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business
- International Business Ethics