About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your foreign exchange and the balance of payments homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your foreign exchange and the balance of payments homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Foreign currency exchange
- Exchange rate
- Currency appreciation and depreciation
- Trade deficit and surplus
- Balance of payments
1. Foreign Currency Exchange: Supply and Demand for Currency
In this lesson, you'll learn why money from different countries has different values of exchange. We'll cover the supply and demand for currencies and how changes in supply and demand can affect the exchange rates between currencies.
2. Exchange Rate: Determination and Conversion Across Countries
Understand what exchange rates are and the different types that can be used by governments and countries. See how they operate and how the conversion process works across countries.
3. Currency Appreciation & Depreciation: Effects of Exchange Rate Changes
Find out how changes in the exchange rate can affect the economy and your own individual situation. Discover how these currency changes can increase and decrease your purchasing power and standard of living.
4. How Fiscal and Monetary Policies Affect the Exchange Rate
Discover how fiscal and monetary policy can affect the exchange rate and ultimately the amount of money it costs you to buy goods and services. Find out the three paths that both fiscal and monetary policy can travel to impact the exchange rate.
5. How Currency Changes Affect Imports and Exports
Learn about how currency changes can affect imports and exports. Find out how this affects you. Discover what happens when a dollar is strong compared to other currencies and what happens when it is weak.
6. Achieving Trade Balance: Trade Deficit and Surplus Examples
Find out what trade balance, trade deficit, and trade surplus are. Learn about some recent examples that help clarify trade deficit and surplus. Explore what countries have a surplus and what countries have a deficit.
7. Balance of Payments: Current Account & Measuring Foreign Trade
Find out what the current account is and the four main foreign trade components that it is comprised of. Similar to your bank account, learn how the current account is measured and what a deficit and surplus mean when talking about this economic indicator.
8. Balance of Payments with Financial Accounts: Measuring Foreign Trade
Learn about the balance of payments and the two key components that make it up. Discover what the financial/capital account is and how it relates to foreign trade and surpluses and deficits.
9. What is an Export? - Definition & Example
Learn about exports and discover what some of the most common exports in the United States are today. Find out how things such as balance of trade, customs, and imports relate to the exporting business.
10. What is an Import? - Definition & Example
Are those shoes you just got an import? How about that new vehicle that you bought or leased? Find out what imports are and why countries buy goods and services from other countries. Learn about some of the most common imported items today.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Macroeconomics: Homework Help Resource course
- Homework Help for Scarcity, Choice & the Production Possibilities Curve
- Comparative Advantage, Specialization and Exchange: Homework Help
- Demand, Supply and Market Equilibrium: Homework Help
- Measuring the Economy: Homework Help
- Inflation Measurement and Adjustment: Homework Help
- Understanding Unemployment: Homework Help
- Aggregate Demand and Supply: Homework Help
- Macroeconomic Equilibrium: Homework Help
- Inflation and Unemployment: Homework Help
- Economic Growth and Productivity: Homework Help
- Money, Banking, and Financial Markets: Homework Help
- Central Bank and the Money Supply: Homework Help
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies: Homework Help
- Inflows, Outflows, and Restrictions: Homework Help