About This Chapter
How It Helps
- Diversifies training applications: Our chapter covers a multitude of training needs, from onboarding to working with individual employees to leading a workshop on these concepts.
- Promotes confidence: You'll feel better knowing all of your IT teams are able to complete their job duties with accuracy when they've been trained using this material.
Our chapter provides you with a helpful way to ensure your employees can:
- Provide an overview and examples of HTML forms and submission
- Add text fields, radio buttons, lists and checkboxes to HTML forms
- Understand how to add buttons, labels and hidden fields to forms
- Send e-mail, upload files and group fields using HTML forms
- Update HTML form elements
- Create functional forms
1. HTML Forms & Submission: Overview & Example
In this lesson, you will learn about HTML forms. You will see how the form tag works as well as the action and method attributes for form submissions. You will see relevant examples explaining each.
2. Adding Text Fields for User Input to HTML Forms
In nearly every website out there, there is a designated space for users to type text into, whether it is their name, their e-mail address or the name of that dog breed they are looking for cute pictures of. In this lesson we will learn how to add text fields to an HTML form for user input.
3. Adding Radio Buttons, Checkboxes & Lists for User Input to HTML Forms
In this lesson, you will learn to add radio buttons, checkboxes and dropdown lists to HTML forms. You will see relevant examples explaining each of these.
4. Adding Buttons, Labels & Hidden Fields to HTML Forms
In this lesson, you will learn about buttons, labels and hidden fields in HTML forms and their respective attributes. You will see relevant examples explaining each of these.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.