About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your business ownership forms homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your forms of business ownership homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Sole proprietorship
- Types of partnerships
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Types of corporations
- Corporate mergers
- Leveraged buyouts
1. What is a Sole Proprietorship? - Definition, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Many businesses start out as sole proprietorships. In this lesson, you'll learn what a sole proprietorship is and its advantages and disadvantages. You'll also have a chance to reinforce your knowledge with a short quiz.
2. The Basics of Partnerships: Types & Examples
Partnerships are a common way to organize a business in the United States. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of business partnerships and their respective advantages and disadvantages. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. The Basics of LLCs: Limited Liability Companies
The limited liability company is one of the most popular business organizational forms for small and medium-sized businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the key characteristics of a limited liability company. A short quiz follows.
4. Corporations: Types, Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Corporations are a popular form of business organization for large and small businesses. In this lesson, you'll learn about the advantages and disadvantages of a corporation. You'll also learn about S-corporations and C-corporations.
5. Corporate Expansion: Mergers and Acquisitions
Corporations can grow in two different ways: through expansion of their current business or through mergers and acquisitions. In this lesson, you'll learn about mergers and acquisitions. A short quiz follows.
6. Franchises: Opportunities and Challenges
Franchises offer a way for a person to start a proven business. In this lesson, you'll learn about franchises, including their advantages and disadvantages. You'll also learn about diversity and global challenges in franchising.
7. The Role of Cooperatives in Business
A cooperative is a type of business organization used for a variety of economic and social purposes. In this lesson, you'll learn about cooperatives, their characteristics and the role they serve in the economy. A short quiz follows.
8. Corporate Culture: Definition, Types & Example
Corporate culture plays a large role in how a company behaves and interacts with the world around it. In this lesson, you'll learn about different corporate cultures. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help