About This Chapter
Foundations of Global Competence - Chapter Summary
Have your employees review this chapter for an overview of global competency fundamentals. Taught by expert instructors, this corporate training chapter defines and explains several global competency topics, including:
- Self identity
- Social justice and action
- Global citizenship
Your employees will see why these concepts are significant, and they can take the chapter's self-assessment quizzes to make sure they fully understand these foundational global competency topics. The chapter is available 24/7, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions your employees may have.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The lessons help employees develop a foundational awareness of global competency and its significance.
- Explains global competency theories: The chapter breaks down and contextualizes the theories of self identify and social action.
- Addresses diversity and equality issues: Employees who complete the chapter will take away important insights related to social justice, equality, inclusion and diversity.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Explain self identity theory and social action theory
- Discuss the meaning of diversity and inclusion
- Compare types of equality
- Analyze a variety of important social justice theory
- Evaluate the significance of active global citizenship
1. Self Identity: Theory & Definition
Self-identity plays a large and significant role in shaping each of our lives. Learn about self-identity in psychology, and test your understanding with a quiz.
2. What is Diversity? - Definition & Meaning
This lesson defines the word diversity. It also gives examples of both visible and invisible diversity. Some examples of understanding diversity and why it is important are also discussed.
3. What is Inclusion? - Definition & Meaning
Did you know that a business can be diverse without being inclusive? It's true! In this lesson, we'll talk more about what inclusion means, why it's important, and what it might look like in a growing organization.
4. Equality: Definition, Types & Examples
Through this lesson, you will learn how to define the concept of equality, learn some of the types that exist, and come to understand why equality is so often difficult to uphold in diverse societies.
5. What Is Social Justice? - Definition, Issues & Examples
You often hear people talking about the importance of social justice, but what is meant by it? This lesson takes a look at the overall idea of social justice while providing examples to explain just what it is.
6. What is Social Action Theory?
In this lesson, we will examine a few different sociological theoretical perspectives on social action theory and describe how they interrelate with each other. A brief quiz follows the lesson.
7. Active Global Citizenship: Definition & Significance
In this lesson, we discuss the emerging concept of active global citizenship. By the end, you'll understand its basic premise as well as its significance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.