About This Chapter
Foundations of High-Performing Teams - Chapter Summary
Help your employees gain full comprehension of the foundations of high-performing teams using the bite-sized lessons in this chapter. Our instructors offer clear and concise explanations of these teams, providing employees with enough information to successfully apply what they've learned on the job. Topics covered in the lessons include:
- High-performing team basics
- How to build trust within a team
- And additional topics!
This chapter is flexible, enabling you to select the lessons that can successfully enhance your corporate training sessions. Multiple-choice quizzes accompanying the lessons let employees gauge their comprehension of high-performing teams and ability to demonstrate their knowledge in the workplace.
How It Helps
- Introduces concepts: This chapter provides a comprehensive overview of high-performing teams.
- Offers guidance: Lessons offer tips and strategies for building trust within teams.
- Strengthens team dynamics: Teams in your workplace can become stronger and more effective after studying what it takes to succeed as a high-performing team.
Upon completion of this chapter, your employees will be ready to:
- Define and describe the high-performing team
- Begin the process of building trust within their teams on the job
1. Overview of High-Performing Teams
There is a lot written about high-performing teams these days. It's often hard to sort out what is anecdotal and what is based on data. In this video, we'll discuss the research on high-performing teams and provide a framework that you can apply to your own team. You'll also be introduced to the Blue Widgets team, who will help illustrate how a team might proceed through the process of becoming high performing.
2. Building Trust Within a Team
Amir, Jakob, Lina, and Gabrielle have just been put on a new team together, the Blue Widgets team. They've worked together here and there, but never as closely as they're going to for at least the next quarter. They're excited about the new team and looking forward to getting to know one another. And they know that one of the very first things that they'll have to do is build trust - from the ground up.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.