About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Foundations of Individual Behavior chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Individual diversity||Demographics, nationality, absenteeism rates, diverse management|
|Tuesday||Individual intellectual and physical abilities||Individual intellect, physical ability, strength, balance, verbal comprehension, problem solving|
|Wednesday||Self-concept and self-esteem||Individual views, traits, competencies, values, optimism, pessimism|
|Thursday||Self-efficacy and self-monitoring||Self-confidence, past performance, vicarious experience, verbal persuasion|
|Friday||Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory||Power distance, masculinity, femininity, uncertainty avoidance, individualism, collectivism|
1. Individual Diversity: Biographical & Demographical Characteristics
Biological and demographic characteristics such as age, gender, race and length of tenure are easily acquired through work documents, and these characteristics can help predict how individuals will behave at work.
2. Individual Intellectual & Physical Abilities in Organizational Behavior
Employees need to have certain abilities that will make them a valuable addition to an organization. Intellectual and physical abilities are two key types of traits that organizations look for employees to have depending on the job requirements.
3. Self-Concept & Self-Esteem in Organizational Behavior
Companies have to have a clear understanding of employee personality traits in order to motivate, challenge and train them to be productive. Two traits that affect an individual's view of themselves are self-concept and self-esteem.
4. Self-Efficacy & Self-Monitoring in Organizational Behavior
There are many personality characteristics of employees that occur within organizations, which determine their level of success. Self-efficacy and self-monitoring are two traits that can aid companies into developing productive employees.
5. Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions Theory
Dimensions of culture are an important aspect of international business. Knowing how cultures view different aspects of business can help a manager navigate through the international business market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Organizational Behavior Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- The Evolution of Organizational Behavior: Lesson Plans
- Personality and Behavior in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Emotions and Moods in the Workplace: Lesson Plans
- Attitudes and Values in the Workplace: Lesson Plans
- Ethics in the Workplace: Lesson Plans
- Perception and Attribution: Lesson Plans
- Learning in the Workplace: Lesson Plans
- Employee Motivation: Lesson Plans
- Individual Decision Making in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Workforce Diversity: Lesson Plans
- Organizational Communication in Business: Lesson Plans
- Groups and Work Teams: Lesson Plans
- Group Decision Making: Lesson Plans
- Conflict in the Workplace: Lesson Plans
- Leadership in Organizational Behavior: Lesson Plans
- Leadership Theory in Organizational Behavior: Lesson Plans
- Organizational Structure and Design: Lesson Plans
- Job Design: Lesson Plans
- Organizational Culture: Lesson Plans
- Organizational Change and Behavior: Lesson Plans
- Managing Workplace Stress: Lesson Plans
- Career Management: Lesson Plans
- Global Implications of Organizational Behavior: Lesson Plans