About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering sales and marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn sales and marketing. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding sales and marketing basics
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning sales and marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sales and marketing fundamentals
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra sales and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Foundations of Sales and Marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Foundations of Sales and Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any sales and marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a foundations of sales and marketing unit of a standard sales and marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Marketing definitions and applications
- Differences between sales and market orientations
- Production, sales, marketing and societal marketing orientations
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Threat of Substitutes for Products or Services: Porter's Five Forces
The lesson will introduce the threat of substitutes, which is one of Porter's Five Forces. The lesson will also analyze various elements of the threat of substitutes, including conditions that may increase the risk for substitutes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sales and Marketing: Help & Review course
- Ethical Sales & Marketing
- Sales & the Law
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- The Market Research Process
- Marketing Analytics & Data
- Consumer & Business Marketing
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Distribution & Logistics
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Product Branding & Strategies
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Overview