About This Chapter
Fourth Grade TEKS - Chapter Summary
The information presented in this chapter gives insight into how educators can more accurately apply the fourth grade TEKS standards into their classroom lessons. Of the many topics reviewed in this chapter, some of the covered subjects include:
- Designing 4th grade math lessons in line with TEKS
- Grade level TEKS curriculum planning
- TEKS-compliant science lessons
- Social studies curriculum that promotes TEKS
- Reading lessons that sync up with 4th grade TEKS
We understand that you have a limited amount of time to review teaching resources, so we try to make these resources as convenient as possible. For starters, this chapter, along with all of our materials, can be viewed online 24/7. Practically any Internet-ready device can access our site, so you can go through these lessons at home or while you're at school. Since each lesson can be completed in under 10 minutes, you can even go through one of these lessons during your breaks or during class.
How It Helps
- Improves access to resources: Sometimes you need more than just a list of standards to build your curriculum, which is why this chapter is perfect for teachers looking for additional resources, strategies, and other tips.
- Encourages different approaches: There are many techniques you can use to maintain TEKS standards, and this chapter helps you see the standards with a new perspective.
- Promotes teacher excitement: Teaching to the standards doesn't have to be boring, and the lessons in this chapter help you find exciting ways to teach your students while incorporating TEKS.
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Develop lessons that adhere to state standards
- Explain curriculum planning strategies that promote TEKS compliance
- Brainstorm science lesson activities to support TEKS
- Incorporate state standards into social studies lessons
- Use TEKS guidelines to make engaging reading lessons
1. Aligning 4th Grade Math with TEKS
If you are a teacher in Texas, you understand the importance of working with TEKS. This lesson offers you an overview of how to align your fourth grade math curriculum with the standards.
2. Fourth Grade TEKS Curriculum Planning
Planning a fourth grade curriculum using TEKS requires careful knowledge and organization. This lesson provides an overview of fourth grade TEKS and advice for planning an aligned curriculum.
3. Aligning 4th Grade Science with TEKS
As a teacher in Texas, you are familiar with the importance of TEKS. This lesson offers you some ideas that will help align your fourth grade science curriculum with the standards.
4. Aligning 4th Grade Social Studies with TEKS
The fourth grade TEKS social studies standards provide insight into what fourth graders are capable of, as well as guidelines for what they ought to learn. This lesson offers ideas for aligning your social studies curriculum with TEKS expectations.
5. Aligning Lessons with 4th Grade Reading TEKS
As a fourth grade teacher in Texas, you might be wondering how to strengthen your reading curriculum and instruction in relation to TEKS. This lesson gives you ideas for how to align your lessons with these rigorous standards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course