About This Chapter
Foxes & Wolves for Kids - Chapter Summary
Help your elementary students learn about foxes and wolves with this fun animal chapter. Taught by subject matter experts, these kid-friendly lessons examine many types of foxes and wolves, including Ethiopian wolves, desert foxes and bat-eared foxes. You can work through the lessons with your students in class or assign them as homework. The chapter can also be used as an effective at-home tutoring resource.
- Bat-eared foxes
- Fox hunting
- Desert foxes
- Terry foxes
- Ethiopian wolves
- Maned wolves
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about foxes and wolves will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about foxes and wolves.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about different types of foxes and wolves
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about foxes and wolves
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about foxes and wolves
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the fox and wolf topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about foxes and wolves.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands fox and wolf facts by completing the Foxes & Wolves for Kids chapter exam.
1. Bat-Eared Fox Facts: Lesson for Kids
Why on earth does a fox need giant, bat-like ears?! In this lesson you will learn about the bat-eared fox, and explore the advantages of having big ears in the hot African environments where these animals live.
2. Fox Hunting Facts: Lesson for Kids
Reading about fox hunting can teach you something about history, animals, sports, and controversy. In this lesson we will learn about the sport of fox hunting by exploring what it is, who participates in it, and whether or not it is legal.
3. Desert Fox Facts: Lesson for Kids
Come with us as we explore the dry North African deserts in search of foxes! In this lesson, you will learn what desert foxes look like and how they live in such a hot and dry place.
4. Terry Fox Facts: Lesson for Kids
Do you think you could run over 5,000 miles? In this lesson, you'll learn about Terry Fox, a Canadian who planned to do just that! Read on to find out why he was running.
5. Ethiopian Wolf Facts: Lesson for Kids
Ethiopian wolves are one of the most endangered wolf species in the world. In this lesson, learn about these wild animals, including what they look like, where they live, what they eat, and why their population is decreasing.
6. Maned Wolf Facts: Lesson for Kids
Maned wolves are some cool canid creatures! In this lesson, you will learn what they look like, what they eat, and why you need to read about their... pee?!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School