About This Chapter
Fraction Operations for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Students can learn the ins and outs of fraction operations with the lessons in this chapter. Lessons teach students how to perform operations and solve equations that involve fractions. The resources in this chapter are all mobile friendly and can be accessed on a laptop, smartphone or tablet. Each lesson comes with an accompanying quiz to measure what students have grasped and what they might still need to work on.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with fraction operations will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about fraction operations.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding math problems that use fraction operations
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about fraction operations
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about fraction operations
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover fraction operations topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about fraction operations.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands fraction operations by completing the Fraction Operations for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. How to Multiply Fractions with Unlike Denominators
Multiplying fractions doesn't have to be difficult, even when they have unlike denominators! In this lesson, you will learn how to multiply fractions with unlike denominators as well as how to simplify your answer.
2. How to Divide Fractions with Unlike Denominators
Once you know the underlying principle, diving with unlike denominators becomes easy. We'll learn how to divide fractions with unlike denominators, look at what's common between dividing fractions with like and unlike denominators, and see how they're applied in the world.
3. Comparing Fractions with Unlike Denominators
How can we compare fractions that don't share the same denominator? By finding a common denominator for each fraction! In this lesson, you will learn how to find the least common denominator which will then allow you to compare fractions with unlike denominators.
4. Adding Whole Numbers & Fractions
Although whole numbers and fractions do not look the same, it is still possible to add these two types of numbers together. In this lesson, you will learn how to add whole numbers and fractions.
5. Order of Operations with Fractions
Have you ever tried to put your socks on after putting on your shoes? It doesn't work does it? In math, there is also a certain order in which equations have to be solved to get the correct answer. In this lesson, you will learn this important order of operations.
6. How to Solve One-Step Equations with Fractions
This lesson will explain how to solve one step equations with fractions. We will define one step equations, then work with fractions to solve these types of equations, and finally look at a couple of applications involving these equations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Math for Kids course
- Numbers for Elementary School
- Geometry for Elementary School
- Fractions for Elementary School
- Math Basics for Elementary School
- Statistics for Elementary School
- Number Properties for Elementary School
- Algebra for Elementary School
- Math Patterns for Elementary School
- History of Math for Elementary School
- Math Terms for Elementary School
- Working with Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Numbers for Elementary School
- Measurements for Elementary School
- Working with Data for Elementary School
- Representing Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Data for Elementary School
- Math Strategies for Elementary School
- Shapes for Elementary School
- Negative Numbers for Elementary School
- Decimals for Elementary School
- Lines & Angles for Elementary School
- Multiplication for Elementary School