About This Chapter
FTCE Biology: Plant Cells - Chapter Summary
Our lessons on plant cells, with information on their structure and function, can help you prepare for the FTCE Biology exam. The topics offered in these videos should equip you to:
- Discuss the chloroplast structure, including chlorophyll, stroma, thylakoid and grana
- Relate the purpose of the cell wall and central vacuole
- Identify the parts of a plant cell
The videos are brief, about 5-10 minutes each, and can be watched from any location with your mobile device, making these lessons a convenient study tool for the exam. Being able to study at your own pace means you'll have ample time to get the knowledge you'll need for the test.
1. Chloroplast Structure: Chlorophyll, Stroma, Thylakoid, and Grana
In this lesson, we'll explore the parts of the chloroplast, such as the thylakoids and stroma, that make a chloroplast the perfect place for conducting photosynthesis in plant cells.
2. Plant Cell Structures: The Cell Wall and Central Vacuole
In this lesson, we'll talk about some of the things that make plant cells so different from our cells. In addition to being mean, green photosynthesizing machines, plant cells have cell walls and central vacuoles to make them unique!
3. What are the Parts of a Plant Cell?
Plant cells are made up of many different parts, each with a specific job. Working together, they keep a cell healthy and running smoothly. In this lesson, take a closer look at a plant cell and gain an understanding of how each part works.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Biology Grades 6-12 (002): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Biology Grades 6-12 Test
- FTCE Biology: Basic Lab Equipment, Processes & Measurements
- FTCE Biology: Research Methods
- FTCE Biology: Science, Technology & Society
- FTCE Biology: Inorganic Compounds
- FTCE Biology: Organic Compounds
- FTCE Biology: Nucleic Acids
- FTCE Biology: Enzymes
- FTCE Biology: Metabolic Biochemistry
- FTCE Biology: Cell Biology
- FTCE Biology: Cell Communication
- FTCE Biology: Requirements of Biological Systems
- FTCE Biology: Cell Cycle & Division
- FTCE Biology: DNA Replication
- FTCE Biology: The Transcription & Translation Process
- FTCE Biology: Genetic Principles, Processes & Applications
- FTCE Biology: Genetic Mutations
- FTCE Biology: Prokaryotic Organisms & Viruses
- FTCE Biology: Protists, Fungi & Plant Biology
- FTCE Biology: Plant Reproduction & Growth
- FTCE Biology: Animal Systems, Behavior & Interactions
- FTCE Biology: Overview of the Human Body
- FTCE Biology: Ecological Principles & Processes
- FTCE Biology: Components of Florida's Ecosystems
- FTCE Biology: Evolutionary Mechanisms
- FTCE Biology: Origins of Life on Earth & Taxonomy
- FTCE Biology Grades 6-12 Flashcards