About This Chapter
FTCE General Knowledge: English Language Skills Flashcards - Summary
Make sure you have the knowledge needed to succeed on the FTCE General Knowledge: English Language Skills exam using these online study guide flashcards. Get reacquainted with the basics of word choice, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation, grammar skills and essay skills by memorizing facts about exam topics that include:
- How to identify wrong word use and avoid redundancy in your writing
- Sentence clarity and structure, parallelism and independent and dependent clauses
- Types of pronouns, sentence agreement and subject-verb agreement
- Comma usage, spelling and capitalization rules in writing
- Basic essay structure and how to organize an essay and writing outline
How They Work
Ensure you have a quality understanding of topics covered on the FTCE General Knowledge: English Language Skills exam by using flashcards. Following the process below can help you memorize important exam concepts:
- Open a flashcard set for the FTCE English Language Skills topic you're studying.
- Identify the English language skills term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE General Knowledge Test (GK) (826): English Language Skills Subtest Practice & Study Guide course