About This Chapter
FTCE Math: Lines & Angles - Chapter Summary
Put yourself in the best situation to succeed on the exam by utilizing our helpful lessons. They can teach you or help you review material about:
- Constructing parallel lines
- Graphs of parallel and perpendicular lines
- Definition and examples of a perpendicular slope
- Transverse lines
- Formula for right angles
- Obtuse and acute angles
- Theorems for supplementary and complementary angles
- Definition and examples of congruent angles
Better understand principles that deal with lines and angles by examining details from each lesson. There are lesson transcripts available to you, which are designed to help you review important key terms and principles about angles and lines. Being armed with all of these resources, you can correctly get ready for the FTCE Math exam.
1. What are Parallel Lines? - Definition & Concept
In this lesson, you will learn about parallel lines and how you can identify and label them. You'll also find out how they are similar to things found in everyday life.
2. Constructing a Parallel Line Using a Point Not on the Given Line
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn how to draw parallel lines with just a compass and a straightedge. Also, learn why you would want to be able to do this in real life.
3. Graphs of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines in Linear Equations
When we deal with linear equations, we sometimes come across equations that are parallel to each other or perpendicular to each other. You will see what they look like when graphed in this video lesson.
4. What are Perpendicular Lines? - Definition & Meaning
Perpendicular lines are shaped like a 'T' and have special properties that non-perpendicular lines don't have. Because of these special properties, it is important to be able to distinguish perpendicular lines from those that aren't. In this lesson, we will explore ways to determine whether or not two lines are perpendicular.
5. Perpendicular Slope: Definition & Examples
Review what perpendicular lines are and what the slope of a line is. Learn about the relationship between slopes of perpendicular lines through definitions and examples.
6. Line Segments & Rays: Definition & Measurement
Watch this video lesson to learn the difference between a line segment and a ray. You will also learn how to measure and add line segments. Learn why you can't measure or add a ray.
7. Parallel, Perpendicular and Transverse Lines
What are the different types of lines? Where are they visible in the real world and how can you recognize them? Find out here and test your knowledge with a quiz.
8. What is a Right Angle? - Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will learn about the properties that identify right angles. You will also discover where right angles can be found and learn about what makes them so useful. You can then test your knowledge with a quiz.
9. What is an Acute Angle? - Definition, Description & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what makes an angle acute and see a few different examples of them. After the lesson, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
10. What is an Obtuse Angle? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what angles, right angles, and obtuse angles are; you'll see a few examples of different obtuse angles. Test your knowledge with a brief quiz once you've completed the lesson.
11. Complementary Angles: Definition, Theorem & Examples
In this lesson, we will define complementary angles and see how they may appear in diagrams. We will discuss two common theorems that involve complementary angles. Then you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
12. Supplementary Angle: Definition & Theorem
There are many important angle pairs in geometry. In this lesson, we'll learn about supplementary angles, including what they are, where they are used, and why you need to know about them.
13. Types of Angles: Vertical, Corresponding, Alternate Interior & Others
In addition to basic right, acute, or obtuse angles, there are many other types of angles or angle relationships. In this lesson, we will learn to identify these angle relationships and discuss their measurements.
14. What Are Adjacent Angles? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn how to identify whether angles are adjacent. After looking at several examples, you will be able to test your knowledge with a quiz.
15. Congruent Angles: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll explore the definition of a congruent angle. You'll learn how to draw a congruent angle, explore examples of congruent angles, and test your knowledge with a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Mathematics 6-12 (026): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Math Test
- FTCE Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- FTCE Math: Linear Equations
- FTCE Math: Linear Inequalities
- FTCE Math: Absolute Value Expressions & Equations
- FTCE Math: Systems of Linear Equations
- FTCE Math: Ratios & Proportions
- FTCE Math: Rational Expressions & Equations
- FTCE Math: Radical Expressions & Equations
- FTCE Math: Complex Numbers
- FTCE Math: Quadratics
- FTCE Math: Polynomials
- FTCE Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Equations
- FTCE Math: Vector Operations
- FTCE Math: Sequences & Series
- FTCE Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- FTCE Math: Functions
- FTCE Math: Piecewise Functions
- FTCE Math: Area & Perimeter
- FTCE Math: Surface Area & Volume
- FTCE Math: Foundations of Geometry
- FTCE Math: Geometric Construction
- FTCE Math: Properties of Triangles
- FTCE Math: Similar & Congruent Triangle Proofs
- FTCE Math: Right Triangle Proofs
- FTCE Math: Quadrilaterals & Polygons
- FTCE Math: Circles & Arcs
- FTCE Math: Conic Sections
- FTCE Math: Coordinate Geometry
- FTCE Math: Transformations in Geometry
- FTCE Math: Trigonometry
- FTCE Math: Overview of Statistics
- FTCE Math: Data Analysis & Statistics
- FTCE Math: Regression & Correlation
- FTCE Math: Graphic Representations of Data
- FTCE Math: Sampling in Statistics
- FTCE Math: Probability
- FTCE Math: Limits
- FTCE Math: Rate of Change
- FTCE Math: Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules
- FTCE Math: Graphing Derivatives
- FTCE Math: Integration & Integration Techniques
- FTCE Math: Integration Applications
- FTCE Math: Mathematical Reasoning
- FTCE Math: Teaching Strategies & Methods
- FTCE Math: Assessing Student Learning
- FTCE Math: Manipulatives & Models in the Classroom
- FTCE Math: Problem-Solving Strategies
- FTCE Mathematics 6-12 Flashcards