About This Chapter
FTCE Middle Grades Math: Percents - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our professional instructors in this series of short, engaging lesson videos to improve your skills solving math problems with percentages. After watching these lessons videos, you should be better prepared for questions on the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) Middle Grades Mathematics 5-9 exam that involve:
- Problems with percentages
- Converting between percentages and decimals
- Converting between percentages and fractions
After each lesson, test your skills by completing the quiz that accompanies it. If you run into a skill that you don't understand, be sure to use the teacher tabs of the lessons to ask our instructors for assistance. Once you've completed the lessons and quizzes in this chapter, take the practice chapter exam to see if you're ready to answer questions with percentages on the FTCE Middle Grades Mathematics exam.
1. What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples
Thinking in terms of pizza is an excellent way to think about percentages. Learn how it can help you understand percentages in this video lesson. You will also learn about the uses of percentages in the real world.
2. Converting Fractions to Percents
There are times when it is important to know how to convert a fraction to a percent. Fortunately, the steps to perform this conversion are not difficult. This lesson will show you those steps and give some examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Preparatory Mathematics: Help and Review course
- Math Foundations: Help and Review
- Problem Solving & Reasoning Skills
- Decimals & Fractions Overview
- Understanding Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Solving and Graphing Inequalities: Help and Review
- Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Complex and Imaginary Numbers: Help and Review
- Properties of Exponents: Help and Review
- Properties of Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Simplifying and Solving Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Properties of Functions: Help and Review
- Logarithms and Exponential Equations: Help and Review
- Data & Estimation
- Logic in Math: Help and Review
- Sets: Help and Review
- Basic Probability and Statistics: Help and Review
- Geometric Laws & Proofs
- Geometry in College Preparatory Math: Help and Review
- Grade Level Math Vocabulary: Help and Review