About This Chapter
FTCE Reading K-12 Flashcards - Summary
Make studying for the FTCE Reading K-12 exam simple by exploring these interactive flashcard sets. By flipping through the flashcards, you can get reacquainted with the principles of language acquisition, reading comprehension instruction strategy and assessment methods in reading instruction. These flashcards also cover exam topics that include:
- Foundational reading research and theory
- Evaluating and selecting reading materials for instruction
- Strategies for promoting supportive learning and reading environments
- Phonics, word recognition and how to teach reading fluency
- Elements of reading comprehension and content area reading strategies
- Reading program administration and supervision
How They Work
Flashcards make your preparations for the FTCE Reading K-12 exam easy and effective. Ensure you have a solid understanding of concepts covered on the exam by following the process below:
- Open a flashcard set for the FTCE Reading topic you're studying.
- Identify the reading term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Foundational Reading Research & Theory
Flashcards - Conventions of Written English
Flashcards - Literary Genre & Form
Flashcards - Evaluation & Selection of Reading Materials for Instruction
Flashcards - Assessment Methods in Reading Instruction
Flashcards - Promoting Supportive Learning & Reading Environments
Flashcards - Principles of Language Acquisition
Flashcards - Emergent Literacy Instruction
Flashcards - Phonics & Word Recognition
Flashcards - Vocabulary Acquisition & Use
Flashcards - Teaching Reading Fluency
Flashcards - Elements of Reading Comprehension
Flashcards - Reading Comprehension Instruction Strategy
Flashcards - Content Area Reading Strategies
Flashcards - Diverse Student Populations & Differentiation
Flashcards - Reading Program Supervision & Administration
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Reading K-12 (035): Practice & Study Guide course
- Foundational Reading Research & Theory
- Conventions of Written English
- Literary Genre & Form
- Evaluation & Selection of Reading Materials for Instruction
- Assessment Methods in Reading Instruction
- Promoting Supportive Learning & Reading Environments
- Principles of Language Acquisition
- Emergent Literacy Instruction
- Phonics & Word Recognition
- Vocabulary Acquisition & Use
- Teaching Reading Fluency
- Elements of Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension Instruction Strategy
- Content Area Reading Strategies
- Diverse Student Populations & Differentiation
- Reading Program Supervision & Administration